Treason

I sent a text to Orson asking him to meet me in front of the french class. I was impatient to see him, though we had seen each other earlier at lunch, but we didn't get to talk. As I was on my way to our meeting spot, I met Shasha sitting on the staircase with a worried expression. We talked for a bit, then after telling her again how happy I was for her, she seemed to be better so I happily hopped on to meet Orson.

"Tiffany! Tiffany!" I recognized Mandy's voice calling me from behind.

My first instinct was to run away, but she had already seen me so it would have been rude.

"Yes?" I turned to her with a smile.

"Great timing," she caught up to me. "You have to help me with something."

"Actually I-"

She pulled me by the wrist without giving me the luxury to protest, because it was a given that I would agree. Then I heard Shasha's voice ringing in my head, telling me as she always does that saying no when I don't want to do something is not a crime. Well, that's just one more thing that we don't have in common, when someone asks for my help and I'm able to do what they ask, I just say yes.

"Do you need anything else?" I asked purely by reflex immediately wanting to take it back.

"Nah, I think we're done."

She had to move some tables around in the art class to prep it for the next session. Mr Clark, the art teacher, had asked her to do it as a punishment for talking too much during class.

"Thanks for your help," Mandy said as she set a flower vase close to the window.

"Anytime," I started to slip away thinking about Orson waiting for me.

"What in the world...," Mandy yanked the window open so violently I thought it would break.

Of course curiosity got the best of me, I had to see what was going on, so my legs naturally led me to join her.

"No way...," I mumbled.

My eyeballs almost fell out because they wanted to have a closer look as to what was going on right beneath us.

Shasha and Quincey were... snuggling. It wasn't just a quick side hug, like the ones he graces me with on rare occasions when he's hyped. It was a real hug, a warm back hug. His hands were wrapped around her as she let herself sink into his embrace. I actually felt like crying. It was just so beautiful, so perfect.

That's it, I encouraged Quincey from where I was. Don't let her go.

"This girl really has no shame," Mandy groaned.

I forgot she was there. I couldn't begin to imagine what she was feeling seeing her longtime crush enchanted by another girl.

"Let's go," I said but she didn't budge. Her eyes were glued to them as she sent lethal lasers to Shasha.

"Look at her openly latching on to him." Mandy's upper lip curled up in disgust. I had to take another look to be sure that I wasn't seeing things. Jealousy really does distort the vision. "She's such a-"

"Hey!" I stopped her from going any further.

"I'm just saying," she finally turned to me. "You deserve a better friend."

"Shasha has done nothing wrong," I pulled her away from the window. "And as anyone can see, he's the one holding on to her, not the contrary. Just let them be. C'est la vie (That's life)."

"But Tiffany-"

"I know you like him too," I rubbed her arm.

"Huh?" Her cheeks took on a dark pink color as she became at a loss of words. "I-I... Um- Just... a little."