Lily Evans

Luna was nestled in Harry's side just staring out the window as he slept, when an owl came flying through the window, and started attacking their faces.
"What the hell?!" Harry cursed, jolting awake. "Luna, can you grab my glasses?"

She handed him them and took the letter from the fierce owl. She gave it a few treats which it refused.

Marauder's Children's Home,
  We would be honored if you would host a dinner on Sunday at The Home. We would invited you all to Shell Cottage, but it's much to small. We have an announcement.
Hope you're well,
Bill and Fleur Weasley

"From Bill and Fleur. They wanna hold a dinner here on Sunday. Guess that's okay...wonder what for though." Harry told her.

She smiled. "I'll write back." She started to get up, but he pulled her back by her waist.

"Wait, cuddle for a bit. Pleasssseeeee?" He begged.

She giggled. "Oh, alright."

He pulled her close and they cuddled until Ginny knocked. "Guys, you awake?"

"Yeah, Gin!" Luna called. "Everything alright?"

Ginny opened the door a bit. "You're both dressed?"

Harry chuckled. "Yes. Come in."

She entered and sat down on the floor. "Petunia wants to talk to you. Something about your mum. She didnt wanna walk in on anything..."

Luna laughed. "We don't do...that."

Harry chuckled at Ginny's blush. "Where's she at?"

"Garden."

Harry nodded. "I'll go down in a minute. I need to shower."

The ladies left.
———-
"Aunt Petunia! Ginny said you wanted to see me?" Harry asked, walking over to his aunt.

She looked up from the flowers. "Oh, yes. I was looking through my things, and I thought you might like them. Lily's journal, pictures, her trunk, and more. I can show you?"

Harry nodded. "Of course."

He followed her to her room, and she showed him a trunk. It looked much like his, but much more weathered and old. There were chips in it and a carving of a heart and 'L+J' on the side.

Harry looked at it. "Can I, can I open it?"

Petunia nodded. "Go ahead."

"I—Aunt Petunia." He called as she made to leave.

"Yes?"

"Would you—? I mean, she was your...do you wanna look with me?"

She took a breath. "I, I'm not sure."

He sighed. "I don't want to do it alone. And you deserve to see it too. We're the last of her direct bloodline."

She swallowed and nodded. "Right, well, I suppose. Do you want me to get that girl, Luna?"

Harry smiled. "No, it's alright. She's probably busy. Come sit."

She sat, and ran her hand along the wood hesitantly.

Harry squeezed her hand and clicked it open.

Instantly a smell --parchment, ink, and a rose smelling perfume-- filled the room.

Harry was startled to see tears in Aunt Petunia's eyes. "It...still smells like her." she whispered.

Harry smelled it. He felt an overwhelming sense of warmth and he felt safe.  "It smells, beautiful." He told the room, alarmed to feel his own eyes wet.

He carefully took an album out of the trunk. It was labelled, 'Friendship' and was brown. It too looked very worn and old.

He turned the page. There was picture upon picture of Lily Evans. Some with Petunia, some with Snape, some with her other friends whom Harry and Petunia didn't recognize. Eventually, they turned to a picture of Lily and the Marauders.

Harry touched his father's face with a finger. Petunia cleared her throat and dabbed at her eyes. "You know, you look quite like him. You've Lily's eyes, though."

Harry smiled. "Yeah, so I've been told."

"Im sorry. I shouldn't have been so cruel."

"Aunt Petunia, I forgave you a long time ago. I forgave Dudley, but I didn't forgive Vernon."

She nodded, and pointed to Remus. "I know him. What's his name?"

Harry smiled sadly. "Remus Lupin. He was a friend of theirs, and mine. Teddy's his son. He would have been a great father."

She nodded. "And him?"

Harry stroked the picture where Sirius was giving James a boogie and James was scowling at him while the other three laughed, Lily leant against Remus.

Harry took a deep breath. "That's Sirius. My godfather."

"They look, nice." She told him.

Harry nodded.

"Did that man, um, Sirius, really kill--"

Harry shook his head. "No. I found out third year, he was framed by this one," he pointed to Peter. "His name's Peter. He betrayed my parents to Voldemort and killed several Muggles, faked his death, and got Sirius sent to Azkaban."

"You've...seen a lot, haven't you?" She asked, looking at him with worry. Something she'd never one before.

He nodded. "Yeah, I guess. Even in a magical world I'm freakish." he muttered.

"Harry Potter! What did we say about calling yourself that?" Hermione yelled.

Harry sighed. "Sorry Mine!"

She walked in with a floating basket of clothes and sat down next to him. "It's fine. Just try not to think like that. Okay?"

"Okay."

They shared a smile and she kissed his head before yelling, "Cho! Can you and Dudley check on everybody?"

"Sure Hermione! C'mon Dud!" Cho yelled back.

"I'm very sorry. I've never asked--" Petunia apologized.

Harry stopped her. "I would've just said I was fine. I don't...open up much. To anybody. It's taken years for me to tell my family and friends about the cupboard, and we're all close. I've never been close with you and Dudley. Certainly not Vernon--"

"Because I was jealous and spiteful. Why don't you take the trunk. I'd like to be alone."

Harry nodded. Right, if you need anything..." He trailed off, closed the trunk, and picking it up, left for his room.