Seventh Year Part 9

Ron put a hand on Harry's shoulder, looking at him seriously. "Mate, your girlfriend's amazing." then he chuckled. "Thanks, Luna."

She shrugged. "I figured you three would like some space. Did Harry show you...it?" She said, referring to the poem.

Ron nodded.

"Anyway," Ginny interrupted. "Why don't we continue?"

Harry glanced at his watch with a sigh. 10:45 Damn. Still an hour or so until lunch. Better get this over with.

Hermione gave him a sympathetic look. "Pensieve? I know you might not want to-"

Ron looked at them confused before understanding. "I'll go get it." Then he ran off.

Harry grinned. "You know Hermione, I like your boyfriend." She laughed.

"Got it." Ron had suddenly appeared at Harry's side.

"Great." Harry drawled sarcastically, getting ready to pull the memory from his brain.

Hermione smiled. "You don't have to do the whole thing, you know."

Harry shrugged. "Why not? We all know I'm a human, and humans..."

"Have emotions." Ron finished.

"Alright guys, let's dive in." Harry said, Luna finishing, "Literally."

So, grabbing onto their significant others, or just family, everyone 'dove' in.

They landed in a very snowy area, near what looked to be a church.

"It's near Christmas Day, at least that's what we thought." Hermione told them quietly, just as she had told Harry about the magical ceiling in Hogwarts all those years ago.

Molly made a small noise sounding like a small sob, but was much smaller. Arthur patted her back.

The other adults (and teens) all looked saddened at this revelation.

At first no one saw anything out of the ordinary. It was a calm day, nearly everyone was inside, as it was nearly night; you could already see stars. There were cotages on either side of the narrow road, Christmas decorations in their windows. They soon saw Harry and Hermione appear, taking the cloak ff of them.

"Why did you take the cloak off?! You could have been seen!" Hissed Molly, worrying as usual.

Harry turned to face her. "I wasn't -- couldn't -- go back, I couldn't go back in disguise. It was my home, even if just for a bit--"

Luna hugged him lightly. "It's alright Harry, you don't have to explain."

He smiled at her happily.

They saw Harry gazing, almost longingly, at the rows of houses. The two young adults turned left on the path, coming to a square center of the village. The saw several villagers walking across the rough, slippery ice, then they heard laughter and carols being sung in a church.

Hermione spoke, "Harry, I think it's Christmas Eve!"

"Is it?" They heard Harry.

""I'm sure it is," Hermione affirmed. She looked o the small church. "They . . . they'll be in there, won't they? Your mum and dad? I can see the graveyard behind it."

They could see both Harry's gulp in fear.

Hermione must have known how he felt, because she grasped his hand and pulled him along.

"Oh, Hermione, that was very sweet of you." Molly cooed, while Hermione flushed.

They watched a Hermione led Harry further, until she abruptly stopped.

"Harry, look!"

Minerva and the few others who had seen the monument looked towards Harry nervously. What would he think?

Harry looked to where Hermione was pointing, at a war memorial. It was a statue wth three people, Harry's parents, and himself; scarless. They watched as Present Harry touched his scar.

Suddenly however, once he'd had his fill, Memory Harry told Hermione they should get going, and they continued.

Hermione pushed open a kissing gate at the entrance to the graveyard.

They watched as they repeatedly got Harry's hopes up, until, finally,

"Lily and James' graves.'' Minerva breathed quietly.

JAMES POTTER LILY POTTER

BORN 27 MARCH 1960 BORN 30 JANUARY 1960

DIED 31 OCTOBER 1981 DIED 31 OCTOBER 1981

The last enemy that shall be engraved is death.

They all bowed their heads in silence.

They watched as Harry asked Hermione about the quote, which she assured him was not, thankfully, from a Death Eater.

they all watched as Harry stood in silence with Hermione, her head on his shoulder. The Present Harry was similar, though with Luna instead of Hermione. She wiped his face now, where tears were in the memory, although Harry wasn't crying.

"Oh, 'arry..." Fleur moaned sadly.

Memory Harry wasn't bothering to wipe his tears.

Luna quietly asked, though Andy could hear still, "You wanted to be in the grave with them." It was not a question, it was a statement.

Harry nodded, "Not anymore, mostly."

"Good."

Hermione grabbed Harry's hand again, but Harry didn't look at her as he took it. He was taking deep, piercing gulps of the cold, winter air. Eventually Hermione conjured up some flowers, Christmas Roses to be exact, and they gently floated into Harry's callused hands. He carefully laid them on his parent's grave, then they turned, leaving through the kissing gate.

They were ejected from the Pensieve, and Harry began to silently cry, so Luna enveloped him in a hug, and kissed his forehead as he shed his safely kept tears.

Hey! So, it's currently 4:32 a.m. and I haven't slept still, so I'm sorry if it's not the best quality, but here's another chapter!

Also, the picture at the top is showing the last paragraph and it's not mine, not sure where I found it, but I just added a bit onto it.

I hope you liked this! Hopefully I'll update soon, also, look forward to the plot after the memories, I really like it! I've never read it in any other fanfics, so hopefully you like the original idea.

Also, I usually write on my phone, but I used my new laptop this chap, do you like it better?

Kay, bye, hopefully I can get some sleep!