The Wandering Cat

Harry and Minerva decided to have a bit of fun. For awhile, they just chased each other around Harry's rooms, but eventually got bored.

Harry was curled up in Minerva's embrace, her tail curled over him. He meowed at her. 'I'm bored.'

'Well,' she meowed back, 'what do you suppose we do?'

'Explore! Or prank someone.' His tail swished playfully.

She stood, 'Who could we prank? How?'

Harry stumbled onto his feet. He pranced over to her like a baby deer learning to walk. 'We could find Luna or someone and follow them? I don't know.'

'How will we get out?'

'Shite. I don't know.'

'I'll transform.' Minerva meowed, before changing back into her human form. She picked he cat up, smiling at the tiny mew of protest, before grabbing both their wands, opening the door, and leaving. She sat the cat onto the floor of the long corridor, and watched as he ran, likely looking for Luna.

She saw him heading for the Great Hall, and quickly followed, when they reached the doors, she picked him up again. "Don't you claw me! Bad kitty! It's too dangerous for you to run alone. I'll bring you to Luna. See, she's right over there, under the tree."

In fact, Luna was under the tree, barefoot, her feet covered in dirt. She was braiding Ginny's hair, and Hermione was studying. Ginny looked up and spotted her, calling, "Professor! Hi!"

Minerva let the squirming kitten down, watching as he pounced over to the girls, letting Luna pick him up.

"Oh, aren't you cute!" Hermione cooed.

"Professor, where did you find this kitten?" Ginny asked.

Minerva chuckled. "Oh, just roaming the halls."

"I wish Harry were here to see him, I bet Harry would love it." Hermione told her, playing with the kitten's paws.

"I am." Harry said, transforming back.

Ginny yelped as he feel backwards onto her, as Hermione had smacked him with her book, Hogwarts, A History. "Hermione! Why'd you smack me?" He whined.

She glared. "You bit me! ANd then transformed on top of me!"

He grinned guiltily. "Sorry, but pretty great, huh?"

She smiled back. "Yeah, it's so fascinating! You are registered though, right?"

Minerva answered for him. "Yes, I trained him, and he was sent his Animangus ID a couple days ago. You know, Harry, you could teach your students about Animangi this year. They're making great progress. And Miss Turpin doesn't fell she should teach them, as she isn't one."

Miss Turpin was the Tranfiguration teacher.

"Oh, okay. That sounds great." Harry agreed.

---------------------------------------------------------------------

When Damiana entered DADA with Kelsey, sitting at the front, she looked around. "Hey, where's Professor Potter?" she whispered. 

Kelsey shrugged. "I dunno. I wonder if he'll tell us what's going on? Chill, Dami. He's never missed a class unless the Headmstress deems him too sick, or whatever. So, he's either mangled, dead, or perfectly fine!" She smiled at Damiana and sat down.

Damiana sat down too, saying sarcastically, "Thanks Kels, you're so reassuring."

As the other students started walking in, a few girls, Courtney, Anne, and Ellen, all began petting the cat. 

  Anne, was bouncing the cat and petting and kissing it. "Aren't you the cutest thing!" She exclaimed over and over. 

Suddenly, they heard a hiss, as she squeezed it too tight, she dropped it, and then Professor Potter appeared. "Good God, I thought I'd never be able to teach!" He exclaimed with a grmace. "Now, Miss Grenn, Cammen, and Michaels, please take your seats."

The girls all quickly complied.

"Now, let's begin class--" He interrupted himself upon seeing Kelsey's hand raised. "Yes, Miss O'Malley?"

She blushed under the attention. "Um, Professor, are you going to tell us about what happened at dinner a week ago? You looked fine at the dance, and we've been off classes, and now you're back, and your neck and--"

"Miss O'Malley," Harry interrupted with a small smile, "I have already done an interview with the Quibbler, and if you'd like to know please read it. The article should be out in the next few days. Now, as for me, don't worry yourselves. Any more questions?"

A boy from Slytherin raised his hand. "Sir, is it true we're almost done with the curriculum? My father says so."

Harry smiled. "Not entirely, we are ahead of the previous years, but we're still going to have plenty of work to do."

They groaned. 

"Let's get to work, shall we? Turn to page 54, Combat."