Studying

Summary: dan goes to Phil's house after school to study and phil accidentally kissed dan
Warning: None
Word Count: 1226 (finally a longer story)

Dans POV:

"Projects are due tomorrow morning." My English teacher said as everyone packed away their things and began to go to their next class.
I went to walk out of the door but someone had grabbed my arm before I could have left. I turned my head to see my best friend Phil.

"Hey want to come over to my place later so we can work together and not literally a minute before it's due." Phil said, I wouldn't mind this considering we've only started on the first few lines of the story we were supposed to create.

"Sure, I'll be around after I grab something to eat once I get home." I said, he smiled and nodded before we went our separate ways to our next class.

—At Phil's House—

I walked up the steps leading up to the front door to Phil's house, I knocked twice before his mother greeted me at the door.

"Hello again Dan." She said smiling and welcoming me into her home.

"Phil is upstairs in his room." She said, I nodded and walked up to Phil's room.

"I have arrived!" I said a bit too loudly walking into his room and startling him.

"Jesus you scared me!" Phil exclaims throwing a small pillow in my direction but I caught it.

"Nice catch." He said as I walked over to his bed where he was sitting and sat down next to him placing the pillow back where it originally was.

"Okay so how are we going to finish this?" I asked, Phil began flipping through pages of the text book to find possible information about what we could write about.

"This?" He said pointing to a paragraph about music and social media.

"I guess that could work." I said, I dug through my backpack until I found my notebook I had for English.
We both began reading off the paragraph and summarizing what it was about and adding in a few of our own thoughts about it.
We finished the project early which meant we had time to do what ever we wanted.

"Mario kart?" He suggested. My eyes lit up with joy as we both raced down the steps and into the lounge to play the game.

"Boy don't run down the steps!" Phil's mom said from in the kitchen.

—small time skip—

"I WIN AGAIN!" I said jumping up and down.

"How did you get so good at this game?" Phil questioned with a sad look on his face. I had beaten him at every round.

"One more round, winner gets to tickle the loser for a minute straight." I said, we shook hands on the deal and began to play.

After finishing the game phil smiled and shouted."I WON!" Then he looked at me and smirked before tackling me and began tickling me.

"Nonononno!" I said attempting to get out from his grasp, "you cheated, or you played dirty." I exclaimed while laughing uncontrollably.

"Nope." Phil said smiling and sticking his tongue out of the side of his mouth.
He stopped tickling me and looked me directly in the eyes. I calmed down from laughing and just smiled.
Only seconds later Phil was leaning in and our lips met, I was shocked at first I wouldn't expect Phil to like me but I kissed back so it wouldn't have been awkward.

"Dan I'm-I'm so sorry." He said in shock pulling away.

"It's fi-" I went to say but wa shut off by Phil, "I think you should go." He said getting up from sitting on me.
I went upstairs to retrieve my bag before saying goodbye and walking home.

What did I do wrong? Why is this happening to me? One of my best friends just kissed me, of course I've liked him more than a friend but I never really expected this to actually happen.

—Next Day at School—

I walked into school more depressed than any other normal day, I felt like I've lost my best friend. Is Phil mad at me or just embarrassed? Since I had just arrived at school that meant I had to go to my locker and get my books, now ever since Phil and I started this school we've had our lockers next to each other so if he's at his lockers I'll say that's my chance to speak up.
Walking down the all, '654' just a few more and '659' there thats my locker. And luckily enough Phil was at his.

"Phil listen, I understand if you're embarr-" he slammed his locker and then looked at me before slinging his backpack over his shoulder and walking away.

"Okay then." I replied, I got the books I needed and began to walk to class.

—The Next Day—

I'm so glad my English teacher put off the assignment yesterday, well she wasn't at school so we had a free period.

"Aren't you happy we didn't have to turn that paper in today either?" Louise asks.
I nodded and looked over to Phil, Louise realized what was happening and then decided to bring up mine and Phil's situation.

"Listen, I'm not just going to sit here and watch your guys' amazing friendship fall into a pit of flames so either make up or I'm leaving until you do." She said, Phil looked up at me and then back down to his tray.

"Alright then, until you guys can make up I'll be hanging out with my other friends." She said before grabbing her belongings and walking away.

—After the bell rang—
Another day of Phil completely ignoring me, great. Time to go home and be sad for the rest of the weekend.

Phil's POV:

I was so stupid, what am I doing?! I need to find him, I'm running around outside of the school trying to find Dan people are staring at me because I'm just running.
Then I spotted him, "Dan!" I shouted, he instantly turned his head into my direction and stopped walking.
I ran over to where he was out of breath.

"You Okay?" He asked.

"I'm" I paused to take a breath "Fine thank you." I said no regaining the ability to breathe.

"I'm so sorry dan I was such an Idiot I feel the same way, I've always loved you and I regret not talking to you since we kissed." I explained. Dan looked at me in shock, but before I knew it he was leaning in and kissing me slowly, the kiss didn't get too out of hand considering we were still on school property.

"So are we like" he paused and smiled. "Boyfriends now or something?" He continued.

"I guess so, how about we spend the weekend at my place eating pizza and playing Mario kart." I said.

"Of course." I replied and we walked back to his house hand in hand, we only stopped when we heard a squeal of excitement coming from behind us.

"Finally! I knew you both loved each other!" Louise said before squealing again. Dan and I both laughed before continuing to walk home again.

A/N: well, that was something. Anyways I MIGHT be seeing dnp on tour this summer! Idk yet I'm stressed about tickets