Memories

"Do you remember when we first met?" Phil asked.

We were laying on my bed staring up at the ceiling, it was almost midnight and we had been talking about anything and everything for the past hour.

I looked at him, "What? No, we haven't met before? I'm so sorry! My name is Dan, nice to meet yo-" He hit me playfully and laughed.

I rolled over on my side and placed my head on his shoulder. He ran his fingers through the mess of curls that was my hair, twirling individual curls around his fingers.
We both thought for a moment.

"Wait." I paused catching his attention. "Did I ever tell you the story about that night and why I ran into you?" I said.

"WHAT? DANIEL!" He sat up and shoved me off his shoulder. We were now sitting criss-crossed facing each other.

"There's a story you never told me?" He wasn't angry, he was smiling.

"Well you never asked." I bursted out laughing so did he.

"Oh my god now I HAVE to know." He said.

"But I'm so tired phil." I said dragging out the 'l' in his name, resting my head in his lap.

"Dan, Dan, Dan, Dan, Dan, Dan." He said poking my head.

I smiled at him, my god, I was the luckiest person on earth. I leaned forward and peck him on the lips.

"Daniel James Howell you are not getting away with that, tell me or I'm moving back to Lancashire and blocking you on all social media."

"Okay geez pushy." I said, I cleared my throat and started.
"It was the summer of 2001, Joe meets Patrick and he's like yo-"

"DAN" Phil said playfully, laughing as well.

"Fine." I said laughing, then I told him the real story.