Candy Rings

—-Reminder: I need to stop leaving in the prompt, I know some ppl do but it's just so I will know what to write instead of putting it in my notes.
—-
Dans POV:
*6 Year old Dan and Phil*

Phil is my best friend in the whole world! Mommy says that we can play outside after school today which I'm excited about.

"Come on philly! Mommy is waiting for us!" I exclaimed running toward the car where she was waiting for us.

"Wait ive got little legs!" He shouted running behind. I stopped in place waited for Phil to catch up.

"Race ya!" He said tagging me then taking off to the car.

"You beat me here." I said.

"I'm just faster than you Danny." Phil said giggling.

"How was school today boys." Mommy asked.

"It was fun, the teacher let us have lunch early." I explained.

"Yeah, then  Tommy and Jenna were arguing over the toy dinosaur." Phil explained.

"Sounds very eventful." She said before driving home.

When we got to my house mommy surprised me and phil with candy rings.

Philly and I are playing on the swing set which also has a small little tree house type of thing built into it.

"Danny, will you be my best friend forever and take this ring." Phil said giggling.

"Only if your promise not to eat my cereal next time you're over philly." I said laughing then taking the candy and giving his candy back to him with the same promise.

*Timeskip: 26 Year old Dan and Phil*
Phil's POV:
It's been three years since Dan and I have been together. We've ended up moving in together then started dating three years ago today. I think it's time I ask him to marry me.
I remember when we were six years old and his mom gave us candy rings, I asked him to be my best friend forever, he's kept that promise.

"Hey dan, could you maybe come into the lounge for a minute?" I asked.

"Yeah sure." He replied, I heard him shuffling around to get up.

When he walked in I walked over to him and took his hands in mine.

"What's going on?" He asked smiling as I led him to the center of the lounge.

"Dan, You're my best friend. I've loved you for the longest time. I'm glad that we're together." I paused.

"Are you breaking up with me?" He asked more scared and sad now.

"No, just let me finish." I replied still smiling.

"I don't know what I would have done without you. I love you more than words themselves could describe. And I really hope you're willing to spend the rest of your life with me." I said now getting down on one knee and pulling the ring out of my pocket. Dans hands instantly went up to his mouth in surprise and he started crying happy tears.

"Daniel James Howell, will you marry me?"

"YES! A million times yes!" He exclaimed wrapping his arms around me then kissing me.

I slid the ring on his finger and hugged him once more

"I love you so much." He said.

"I know, I love you too." I replied.

A/n: I'm sobbing I love this so much!