Kittens

Summary: Phil finds a kitten on his way home from Starbucks and tries hiding it from dan until dan hears a soft meow coming from Phil's room and phil explains.
Word count: 573
Warnings: None

Phil's POV:

While walking home from Starbucks, I was almost to the flat when I heard a soft meow coming from behind the trash can next to the bus stop. I sat my drinks down on the bench and tried to move the trash can.

"Hello there" I said softly to the scared small kitten.
It meowed weakly in response. I picked up the kitten and carefully put it in my jacket pocket.

After another short walk I finally made it home.
"Dan I'm sitting your drink in the kitchen, I'll be in my room." I called out, he didn't reply. To be honest he was probably asleep on the couch again.
I walked into my room placing the kitten on my bed.

"What shall we name you?" I said and the kitten meowed softly.

"How about, pumpkin." I said.
I figured I'd name the kitten after the drink I got since ya know it's the day I found it, but it also has orange fur.

"Phil?" Dan yelled from the lounge.

"In my room." I replied.

"Okay." He replied, I guessed dan was going to come into my room so I decided to hide the kitten. I looked for a place dan more than likely wouldn't go so I hid the kitten in the floor of my closet.

"What took you so long to get back." Dan asked walking into my room and sitting in the end of my bed.

"The line was really long." I said, technically I wasn't lying because the line was quiet long.

"Okay." He replied, "anything else happen?" He asked.

"Not re-" I was about to finish my sentence when a soft meow came from the closet sending both mine and dans attention to the shut door.

"What was that?" Dan asked with a confused look on his face.

"N-Nothing." I replied.

"I know you're lying simply because it was a meow and you stutter when you lie." Dan said standing up and walking towards my closet. I tried stopping only before he opened it the reveal the kitten I found from the street.

"Is this a kitten?" He asked picking up the animal.

"No it's a dog, of course it's a kitten." I replied sarcastically.

"Where'd you find him?" He asked, admiring the kitten then sitting back down on my bed.

"Next to a bunch of old trash bins, He was abandoned and I didn't want to just leave him." I said.

"Maybe we could keep him." Dan said.

"Really?" I replied.

"Yeah, I'll talk to the landlord tonight." Dan replies.

—an hour later—

"I talked to the landlord and he said that we could keep him!" Dan said as he entered the lounge where I was.

"Welcome to the family pumpkin!" I said picking up the kitten who meowed as I did so.

A/N; sorry for not updating in a couple days, I've been busy with family and all that. Anyways, pinof was amazing and I still haven't recovered but I did post a video or two on my channel that's just a complete meme and you should check it out.
ANNND I'm gonna scream when this book hits 20k bcs it's at 17k now which is insane