Chapater Forty Six

--Cedric POV--
"Trust me Sammy just keep your eyes closed" I laughed keeping my hands firmly clasped over his eyes as I walked him up the driveway to our new home

"Please I wanna see!" He whined fidgetting with excitement.

"Alright, You ready?"

"Yes, Yes, Yes lemme see" He urged trying to pry my fingers away.

"Okay then" I dropped my hands and he blinked looking up at the large craftsman style house standing over us with white mouldings and deep grey wooden horizontals slats covering the outer walls and green lawn that was meticulously trimmed and taken care of and flowerbeds planted along the bath and in front of the porch steps.

"Oh..it's gorgeous Ric, You are the best man I have ever met" He grinned standing on his tiptoes to press our lips together.

"Only doing it for the most deserving man in the world" I shrugged cuddling him close to me as much as the baby bump would let me "lets get you off your feet" I ducked under his arm and swept him up off his feet

"I thought it was until after we got married to get carried across the threshold" He laughed wrapping his arms around my neck as I carried him up the porch steps and opening the door with my elbow.

"We even have a mud room too" I grinned wandering through the room into the sitting area, it was decorated with very homey and classic furniture to Sammy's vintage tastes with a few splashes of modern decor.

"Ooh, you know how to decorate Ric. I'm impressed" He smiled kissing my jawline dragging his fingers through the back of my hair.

"The dining room is through there and the kitchen, downstairs bathroom. Three guest bedrooms" I continued upstairs into the hallway.

"Do we need this many rooms?" He frowned looking back at the other doors on the second floor.

"There's a study, play room, nursery, even an art room for you. Then our bedroom, the nursery and the ensuite bathroom."

"This had to take a while" Sammy arched an eyebrow at me

"Had a lot of help with it." I opened the bedroom door and carefully set him down.

"Oh my god, this is the best bedroom I've had" He gawked at the king sized canopy bed draped with white silk curtains and hardwood floors, there was a terrace with a day bed and coffee table sitting by the railing.

"Come see this" I took hold of his hand and led him out onto the terrace "We have that view"

"Is that..Is that the lake?" His mouth fell open at how close the lake and the meadow was to the house.

"Yep. The deck stairs walk right down to the water, its pretty much ours. Just like in your dream and you can have the real experience of a family life that you missed out on."

"You just make me wanna love you all the more you sappy bastard" He hiccuped turning to bury his face in my jacket.

"Hormones?" I couldn't help but smile when he nodded silently against my shoulder

"Sorry, I can't help it sometimes" He giggled wiping his face with his hands.

"Don't apologise, I'm glad that you like it. But let me show you the nursery, but bear in mind I had no clue how to decorate when I didn't know the genders." I led him back into the bathroom and through a smaller door that opened out into the nursery.

The walls were painted deep gray and two white cribs sat on opposite sides of the room, one with pink teddies and blankets while the other had deeper blue in colours. A rocking chair sat by the window where small picture frames with pictures of Sammy and I in a few as well as one scan photo and one of the entire family.