Chapter Forty Seven

--Cedric's POV-- *Warning, potentially graphic medical scenes*

I knew in a second what Samandriel would of wanted but I couldn't bear the thought of raising those two children by myself with him there.

"I beg you, try to save them all"

"I knew you would say that, but I warn you. The wolfsbane is still killing him and that pain mixed with childbirth will be almost unbearable" Hayley warned holding open the door for me, My poor fiancee was laying there in white conneced up by wires, IVs and oxygen canullas.

"Ric? That is you right?" He squinted up at me, I felt my heart break at his white face and his lips now almost completely black and the veins in his throat had taken on the foul colour.

"Yeah Sammy, you probably won't forgive me for what I've chosen but you need to know I can't do this alone"

"If I weren't wired up, I would throttle you" He scowled reaching out to grip me by the hand.

"Right Sammy, we can't give you a C section because the trauma will trigger the wolfsbane so we have to do this nautrally, which I will break your waters which then contractions should start quickly"

"Just do it" He groaned turning his head away as she disappeared behind his knees, a loud yelp slipped out of his mouth as she broke the said protective cushion for the twins.

"It's mostly blood which means you're bleeding Sammy, we gotta be quick for you"

"It hurts. It hurts so much more than before" He sobbed biting his lip harshly

"When the need to push kicks in follow it" Hayley cooed draping another sheet of his knees.

Samandriel nodded his breathing hitching with a quiet whimper as he pushed grinding my hand tightly in his grip.

"Yes darling thats it"

He blew out harsh breath before I felt a shiver take hold of him and he let out a cry similar to the ones in my dreams.

"Keep hold of that and we can get the first one out" Hayley coached smiling brightly, He locked his jaw gritting his teeth together forcing his already frail body to hold out.

An angry choked off cry rose from between his knees and she held up the squirming newborn in the towel "It's a boy Ric" She grinned carefully passing him over to me.

"Look Sammy, he's here" I choked out holding him close to Sammy's face.

"Ivan.." He laughed reaching out a shakey hand to brush his fingers across his tiny pale cheek before an unanticipated wail of agony from Sammy broke the tender moment.

"Pass him off to Katie behind you" Hayley nodded to a frightened looking Katie standing nearby.

"Take care of him" I gently settled him into her arms and she nodded before leaving the room. Samandriel was crying out more noises of agony before I was struck down with a sickening case of deja vu when I heard those same screams from my nigthmares coming from my beloved mate as his own body fought to destroy him.

"I-I can't" He rasped breathing in deep heaving breaths

"You can Sammy, you're so strong" I squeezed his hand pressing my lips to his fingers. He swallowed closing his eyes to try and ground himself before one final cry ripped out of his lungs, tears slipped down his cheek as another wail of life filled the room.

"You did it Sammy, it's a girl." Hayley giggled handing her over to me.

"Isla..my intuition is always right" He smiled weakly gently squeezing the tiny hand of our daughter.

"You're amazing Sammy" He laughed letting out the breath I was holding, Katie approached from my side again and I reluctantly gave Isla over to Katie.

"I'm exhausted" Sammy blinked owlishly closing his eyes wheezing with almost every breath. I heard the heart monitors spike and Hayley's face fell.

"Oh no you don't Sammy, you do not get to do this us" She ordered snapping back into action "Ric, I need you to leave okay? Go out to your family and let me deal with him"

"You gotta promise me you'll save him." I demanded hesitantly backing away towards the door.

"I'll try my damn best"

--Apologies for short chapter, but the lil babies are here. I only just realised this was sitting finished for almost a year-