Chapter Eight

--William's Point Of View--

I took my hand away from Charlie's forehead and kicked back the guilty feeling in my gut, I looked up at Charlie who was wiping tears away from his face with the back of his hand "No come on Charlie don't do that" I facepalmed carefully hugging him to avoid hurting his stomach.

"That's horrible" He mumbled gripping the back of my jacket "Continuously having your little brother as a way to kick your self esteem down, I couldn't imagine what it would be like if Sammy died but your brother really did, then you had to witness your own murder" He buried his face in my shoulder tightening his grasp on my chest.

"It's okay really, Just stop stressing yourself out. I was at fault here for betting you pent up by showing you that" I pulled away using my hand to gently push him back into the bed "I was such an asshole, Please don't tear my limbs off" He grabbed hold of my jacket to pull me down to his level gently placing his lips into my mine before letting go of my jacket to place his hand on my neck as he forced my mouth open to slip his tongue inside.

"Woah hey now, I'm not allowed to do that when you're this hurt" I pulled my face away from him earning a disappointed groan from Charlie "Get some rest." I ordered putting distance between us to shift the chair back a few millimetres "Well you're an asshole too now" He grumbled pulling the blanket over his shoulders "Look I'm in a cucoon" He laughed shuffling around in the blanket.

"You are such a child." I shook my head facepalming in embarassment "Sorry that I am SUCH an embarassment to you" He rolled his eyes closing them "I really am sorry, I was a self absorbed dick" He chuckled pulling the covers down from his shoulders "I shouldn't of let you run away. We're even" I ran a hand through my hair looking toward the clock on the wall.

--Samandriel's Point Of View--

I sat out in the courtyard with Cedric for about an hour before I started getting cold "Do you wanna go home? I can make you dinner if you want" Cedric offered getting up from the bench and pulling me up by my arm and led me back into the hospital "Cedric sir would you like me to drive you and Young Samandriel home?" A man probably about Charlie's age appeared before us standing quite stiffly.

"If you like Angelo, Patrols are done for the night so you can eat dinner with us and watch movies with us" Cedric grinned patting the Angelo guy over the back "Stop being so uptight Angelo jeez" Cedric punched Angelo in the shoulder as he followed him down the hallways.

"Angelo is in fact only two years older than us. He is my dad's assistant so he's always so stone faced" Cedric chuckled jumping into a nearby pile of snow in the parking lot "He's very immature" Angelo whispered fumbling for the car keys, When we made it to the very big SUV Cedric was sitting on the bonnet of the car fidgetting impatiently.

"Get off the damn car brat" Angelo shooed Cedric off the car and opened the driver's door and got in "C'mon Sammy we'll sit in the back" Cedric grabbed my hand and pretty much picked me up and stuck me in the car "I-I'm not that short, I'm capable of getting in myself" I made a childish pouty face sitting my hands in my lap fiddling with them awkwardly.

The trip back to the house was mostly Cedric singing along to any song on the radio and delibrately trying to annoy Angelo just because he wanted to "Oh my god Cedric just be quiet for at least a second or I won't let you into the desert cabinet" Angelo massaged his temples stopping the car beside the other three in the garage.

"I can still get into it thank you" Cedric scoffed climbing out of the SUV, I managed to get out without help from Cedric "Do you like anything in particular?" He asked sitting me down at the counter in the kitchen "Not really I'm not picky" I mumbled staring at the marble bench top.