Chapter Forty Five

--Cedric's POV--
I could barely see anything, it was blurred into one mess aside from one clear image of my beloved mate draped in white wracked with pain his screams of agony chilling me to the bone

"Ric! Help me!" He sobbed trembling uncontrollably when splashes of blood stained the white and I tried to reach out for him but I was unable to just watching helplessly

His eyes darkened before wails of new life before everything went silent, deathly silent.

I was jolted awake by the sudden spike in my heart monitor and I was beyond drenched in sweat, ripping all the wires and cords off of me I rolled out of the bed and connected none too softly with the floor.

I looked up at Sammy's still sleeping face amongst the thick duvet and my chest tightened, protectiveness set in and I dragged myself up and slipped under the duvet next to him.

"Hm? Ric, what'r you doin?" he asked sleepily lifting his head slightly.

"Shh, just go back to sleep Sammy" I whispered pulling him close hugging him tightly

"What's wrong? You're shaking." A worried look crossed his face and I wanted to kiss it right off.

"Just had a nightmare"

"Oh. It's okay, you're home now." He ran his hand up over my shoulders absently running his fingers through my hair.

"It's..not about that, don't worry Sammy. It's fine now" I squeezed him tightly and burying my face in his hair.

"Y'know you can tell me anything right?"

"Of course I do, but we're both tired right now" I yawned resettling my head on the pillow.

"Okay" He nodded laying his head onto my chest tracing patterns across the front of the hospital gown.

"You know I won't let anything happen to you right?"

"Obviously, is this leading somewhere?" He furrowed his eyebrows and that look returned to his face.

"It's just, this nightmare had some pretty tormenting depictions of childbirth. Namely yours"

"Cedric, I know I'm looking a little deathly as of late but believe me Hayley has got it covered" He propped himself up on his elbows and gently rested his forehead to mine

"I know, but I can't help but worry. Everyone does"

"Well stop. Because it annoys me" He grumbled gently pressing our lips together "I'm dealing, and it's only two months to go. Hayley said even earlier because it being twins they run out of room faster" Sammy slipped down to lay his head on my chest

"You'll be on bed rest I hope you know that."

"I can't fight it, they'll chain me down." He grumbled running his hands over the duvet covering stomach.

"I was thinking..maybe we could have our own little house, on the territory near the boarding house."

"What? You seriously want to move out of the boarding house?" His eyes widened as he looked up at me.

"Well, just because there'll be two babies. It's up to you Sammy."

"I thought you would want to be with your family" Sammy shrugged looking a bit guilty.

"Claude and Dad said it would be less stressful for you. They're okay with it as long as we come over everyday"

"You're saying this because you've already done it haven't you?" He deadpanned staring at me unimpressed.

"Well..the bungalow was built before I was taken but if you said no then I would offer it to Will and Charlie"

"Okay. Just because the house is getting full and I don't want to wake people up" He giggled.

"I haven't decorated the nursery at all though because I didn't know the genders. But now, I've seen their faces. They're the most beautiful beings I have ever seen that isn't you"

"I can help, Let me paint details and I won't complain" He purred knowing I would fold and let him do it.

"If we sleep now, I can show you tomorrow. We can celebrate everyone's good fortune there too"

"Ooh, I do love entertaining guests" His face lit up excitedly kissing my cheek

"Well, now you have your own home Sammy."

"I've never really had one, till I met you Ric. I love you, with every single part of me" He sniffed burying his face in the gown.

"Aw Sammy, I love you too and we're gonna have a cute little family" I hugged him tighter stroking my hand up and down his back

"Sleep now" I yawned as the painkiller started to take affect again and my eyes were growing increasingly heavier until I couldn't hold them open any longer.