Chapter Twenty Five

--Charlie's Point Of View--

My head was killing me and I wanted to bash my face against the wall maybe that would take the pressure off my brain and kill me in the process, William reluctantly left when he was called out for duties with my father much to his distaste. I did have Hayley though and she was the mother that I never had, So I was sat here in a gigantic room that used to be a chemotherapy room with Hayley poking a steroid IV into the catheder in the joint of my elbow and the top of my hand.

"Charlie, I know you think you're being strong thinking you can get through this by staying human but its not possible, these steroids are strong in itself and there will be some side effects but they shouldn't be too bad if you stay put. Now that you have this pokey bear too" She lightly poked the side of my stomach roughly messing up my hair excitedly.

"I'll leave you to it though, I have some rounds to do. You might make a friend even" She smiled getting up from the couch we were sitting on "And keep warm too" She ordered fixing the sweatshirt over my shoulders like a mother would to her child when it got cold "Okay, Bring me food maybe?" I puppy dog eyed her and she scoffed ruffling my hair "Maybe. Depends if you can keep it down" She giggled giving me a small wave turning to stride out of the room.

The room was completely silent, the corner of the room was decorated as a play area for young children who were being treated at the hospital. A few couches were lined up around the room for people to rest on considering how wide they were and the blankets folded neatly at the end of each couch, I don't understand why we needed them though I mean supernaturals you would think that they don't sleep much.

I reached over to the blanket and unfolded it over my legs flipping open the book that Hayley had given me to occupy myself, I had my phone close by because Will was bound to call at least once during the time I was being treated. I shut the book and sat it on the table looking over the room until my gaze stopped on the play corner, A young girl about four or five years old with hair the darkest of brown dressed in little animal printed pyjamas that I've seen younger patients wandering around in sat in one of the oversized cushions clutching a stuffed dog silently watching the television that was quietly playing.

"Hi there sweetheart, I didn't see you come in" I got up from the couch and hobbled my way over trying not to pass out on the way "You were reading your book so I didn't want to disturb you" She squeaked quietly turning her pearly blue eyes up to me "Were you reading about how to take care of your baby?" She cocked her head slightly eyeing me questioningly "Oh no it was just a story book, but how did you notice the other thing?" I asked sitting down in the cushion beside her.

"I'm special, I am a werewolf and I'm clarevoyant. But I'm too young to be a proper one" She pouted crossing her arms over her stuffed dog "So what is your name little werecub?" I smiled leaning back in the really comfortable cushion "Angeles, Angeles Starr. I have a really cool name" She giggled squeezing her dog tighter before nodding to me "I'm Charlie, I actually work here in the surgery ward" I looked up to the roof that was decorated with glow in the dark stars.

"You're married to the pack's beta aren't you? But why are you here Mister Charlie?" She asked innocently scooting closer to my side "I have Cebretitis, this is why I have this cute accessory" I held up my IV arm to her and she laughed again "I have one too, but I had something worse. I had non-hodgkins lymphoma" She stuck her bottom lip out pulling on her dog's ear, My heart twisted for the poor girl. It must be really harsh on her being so young with the cocktails of chemicals that they feed into cancer patients.

"Where are your parents anyway?" I asked wrapping the blanket I had over her shoulders "They left me..and went somewhere, someone said upstairs but I already checked there, I miss their cuddles even if I was too little to remember them,They made me hurt less" She sniffed wiping her eyes on her dog "Aw, come here then. I'm nice enough to let you hug me then as long as you don't squeeze too hard" Her face lit up brightly crawling into my lap burying her face against the soft fabric of my sweatshirt.