Chaoter Forty Two

--Sammy's POV--

"I'm sure he's there somewhere. But we need to get the location of Cedric out of him before its too late."

"I-I'll try to follow him. But I will keep trying for the two of you." Mother sighed wiping her face and kissing the top of my head.

"Uncle Sammy? Grandma? Daddy, Why are you all sad?"

"Oh we're not Stellie, just hugging it out." Charlie smiled weakly patting her head softly.

"Okay, are you talkin about grampa?" She asked innocently and my mother's face saddened further.

"Yeah sweetie, trying to convince him to come meet you"

"He don't wanna meet me because I'm like Papa and the rest of the pack" She stuck her bottom lip out sadly.

"We're trying sweetpea don't you worry, he's just a little less accepting than I am" Mother cooed stroking her cheek softly.

"Why does Grampa have Uncle Ric? And why does he have chains around him? Is he playing as the hostage and Grampa as the evil villian?"

"Stellie, what did I say about doing that?" Charlie glowered at her.

"Not to." Estelle pouted immediately deflating at the scolding.

"If we're desperate, we can hopefully find other supernatural creatures that could maybe assist"

"Charlie! Where are you?" I heard Will's yelling through the trees of the forest.

"Will? What the hell are you doing!" He snapped jumping to his feet, William appeared through the bushes looking very pissed off.

"I came looking for you. What kind of smart idea to go wandering in the forest by yourself when the hunters are enroaching on our territory"

"The girls were getting antsy staying inside and I wanted Sammy to get out of bed, plus we needed to talk to mother" "Talia can come home with us, I'm sure Claude would want to see her too" Will offered scooping Estelle up into his arms.

"I wish I could my sweet boy but Victor will notice that I'm gone and that may get a little hairy" She smiled apologetically gathering up her belongings "But I'll keep in touch, keep sending photos as well. If you or Sammy need help, call me"

"I'm sure we will, come on Sammy. Let's take you back to your dungeon" Charlie snickered wrapping his hands under my arms and carefully pulled me to my feet.

"Promise me you'll stay as healthy as possible" Mother gently smoothed out my sweater lingering just over my stomach.

"I'll try, Claude and Charlie barely leave me alone"

"Good. You're in good hands then. Behave yourselves, and goodbye to you Stella" She looked between us before turning and heading back down onto the forest trail.

"Bye Grandma!" Stella grinned waving vigorously, Angeles had quietly awoken during the conversation and was holding onto the bottom of my sweater.

"You still tired Angie?" I asked looking down at her half asleep face.

"Yeah. Are you Sammy?"

"I think so, I'm in need of a nap. Cmon" I leaned down to pick her up and felt another sickening crunch from what felt like my hip "Ugh." I stumbled as the joint suddenly dropped out from under my weight.

"Samandriel!" William immediately dropped Stella who expertly landed on her feet in favour of grabbing hold of my good side so I wouldn't fall and cause more injuries on my evergrowing list

"I'm-" I ground my teeth together through the unbearable throbbing that was spreading through my right leg "fine." I finished trying to gain my footing.

"Pick him up Will, I'll grab the rest and call Hayley to get some painkillers" Charlie hastily packed up the blankets and pillows with the help of two distraught little girls.

"I can walk."

"You will not! Sammy I am not gonna let you make it worse" He nodded to Will and my feet were swept out from under me and I was unwillingly carried towards the SUV

"Will you be okay Sammy?" Angeles whimpered peering over from where I was laying across the backseat with my head laid against her knees with the help of a pillow.

"Yeah, It's not your fault little one. I just have really bad bones" I shrugged shifting uncomfortably trying to distribute the pain elsewhere.