Chapter Six

--William's Point Of View--

I dragged my sorry backside back to the house like a lost puppy, All the council members had gone home leaving the princess with us. Cedric was waiting in the doorway "You let him go in the dark in a forest ON a Full Moon. Are you stupid?" He scowled at me kicking the door shut behind me. "I'm sure the short guy will be fine if he doesn't get mauled by any rabids or my dad's pack members" I heard the Princess say, She sauntered over batting her eyes at me.

"Though I'm so much prettier though" She smiled innocently moving for the door "I'm going to go sit outside, Toodle loo sweethearts" She waved disappearing out into the porch "That girl makes me want to bash my face against the wall" Arianna hissed snarling after the Princess "Um Mister William, Didn't you say you were going to bring Charlie here?" The young boy was sat on the bottom stairs beside Cedric.

I grumbled sitting down in the couch "He saw the Princess and he got upset" I grunted resting my head against the top of the sofa "Yeah and you left him inthe forest!" Arianna snapped smacking me upside the head, My wolf stopped suddenly and honed his hearing to catch the gut wrenching cry echoing across the forest. My wolf pegged it immediately as Charlie whining quietly urging me to get up and find him.

My phone started ringing on the table flashing his name, I snatched it up from the table flipping it open "Charlie? What's wrong?" I asked knowing that my wolf was yelling at me to go find him "I'm so..sorry. Wolf attacked.. So much blood..I'm so sorry" He choked groaning as if he was trying to move, My wolf was now clawing his way out of the bond "Charlie where are you? Charlie!" The line went dead silent, I swore under my breath getting up from the couch heading for the door.

"Was it Charlie? Is there something wrong?" The young boy asked his voice was rising in panic "Just. Stay here okay?" I glared at Cedric a silent order to keep the young boy inside before throwing open the front door clearing the front stairs and sprinting into the forest, I let the wolf tear through the bond and shift to gain any speed that I needed. The entire forest smelled of his blood enough to even make myself sick.

I continued running following the stronger scent tearing away any objects in my path with my teeth, I found the strongest scent near the overhang clearing to the lake followed by the small splatters of blood in the grass. I shoved my wolf back into his place so I could walk normally to follow the trail of blood, I made it to the middle of the clearing where a pool of blood was soaked into the grass my gaze turned the dark silhouette on the ground by the tree.

"Charlie!" I growled jogging over to the figure, The white shirt he was wearing was torn and soaked in blood accompanied by the deep claw wound in his stomach that his hand was pressed onto "Charlie. Open your eyes dammit" I ordered pulling his head and shoulders into my arms "Maybe I wanted to die" He grunted bringing his bloodied hand to my neck then to my jaw.

"Heh Heh you're so attractive" He chuckled gripping into the collar of my jacket "That's enough we're going" I threw his arm around my shoulder tearing my scarf from my neck and tying it around his stomach and pulling him into my arms "Cover your ears for a second" I covered his head with my arm and let out a high pitched whistle to any nearby wolves that were on patrol.

I heard an Alpha howl in return as Claude barrelled through the shrub panting heavily from running so fast "William! How did this happen?!" He put on his scary Alpha voice glaring at me with piercing glowing red eyes "I don't know but he is barely breathing! Can you scold me for being an asshole after he's okay" I groaned internally at how desperate I sounded.

Claude's face softened and his eyes faded back to normal "Of course sweetheart let's be quick about it" He turned and nimbly climbed down the hill through the thick shrub toward one of the Patrol SUV's, I climbed in the back with the non hot headed beta of mine "Is there anything I can do sir?" He asked sitting nearest to Charlie's waist "Keep pressure on it" I motioned to the still heavily bleeding wound, He nodded obediently untying the scarf and pressed his hands over the wound.