Chapter Twenty Four

--Samandriel's Point Of View--

I decided to go home instead of back to the manor, I threw my book down onto the coffee table and flopped into the couch kicking my feet up onto thr table "Feet off the table Sammy" My mother scolded as she entered the living room holding a plate with some sort of food on it "Trouble with that Cedric boy again?" She frowned sitting down beside me and sat the plate down onto my lap.

"Yeah. I think I might call it quits and kill the guy already" I rolled my eyes sticking one of the fries into my mouth "Don't say that Sweetheart, I haven't seen you that happy in years" She smiled running her fingers through my haid "I miss your long hair too, It was nice to pet" She laughed ruffling my hair and getting up from the couch "You need to tell him how much you care for him or it'll be too late" She kissed my forehead swishing her way back into the kitchen.

"Hello Buddy" Silas appeared beside me and I kicked the coffee table "Ow! What do you need Silas?" I grumbled rubbing my foot angrily "Grace keeps trying to give Cedric a handjob. It's horrid" We both shuddered in sync and I hugged the pillow "They haven't had sex yet, I won't let them" He grinned evily brushing a hand through my hair "Cedric says you're the evil one, right now you're being the more human one" I stuck my tongue out at him nudging him with my shoulders.

"There's a disturbance with Charlie and William. Something has happened" Silas' expression darkened as he disappeared of somewhere. Brilliant, freaking no one will tell me what's going on anymore. Fine. I'll jut sit here and watch this weird Vampire Diaries TV Show.

--William's Point of View--

I sat there in the gallery as Hayley injected the dye into the catheder in Charlie's arm as he sat on the edge of the MRI table swinging his legs slightly, it was a nervous habit I noticed he had when I first met him. Hayley joined me in the gallery sitting at the computer "I know you're going to hate me. But Charlie asked me not to show you the MRI until he has seen it first" She inclined her head shamefully, I did try to mask the hurt I felt that Charlie didn't even trust me with his own life.

"I understand." I slid out of the view of the computer and stood in the corner of the room fidgetting uncomfortably as they ran all different sorts of tests on him as he laid there quietly and contently as if he already knew the diagnosis. I heard a small noise from Hayley as she collected the scans and exitted out into the room where Charlie was sitting, Hayley looked somewhat hysterical whilst Charlie put on a brave smile for her as she retreated from the room.

I found enough courage to twist the door handle and step out into the freezing room myself, Charlie's head looked up to meet mine and the look of emotional exhaustion was plastered across his face "Hey, Is now a good time to rain on your parade?" He smiled weakly coaxing me towards him "You know how much I love you right?" He took in a sharp breath before dropping his head to his hands "You can tell me anything." I rested a hand on his cheek guiding his face to look to me again.

"Cerebritis. Its seen in Lupus patients. Pressure to the brain and it can cause anuerisms." He mumbled dropping his head into my shoulder gripping the tight leather of my jacket in his fingers, I placed my hand to the nape of his neck allowing him to rest his face against the crook of my neck

"If the swelling doesn't go down with steroids. There's surgery if that doesn't work which it possibly couldn't if it's bad enough..I then forget who I am and who I've ever loved and even the ones I haven't even seen yet." He broke into a wrecked sob burying his face into my shirt and my stomach churned hurtfully as I held onto the most kind and strong willed guy that I had met completely break down over complete and utter horrible luck that happened to an innocent person.

"We can fix this Charlie. We didn't go to college to study medicine just to give up" I combed the back of his hair with my fingers as he quietened down slightly "I can't leave Sammy like that. I've done that to him once before and He almost killed himself in loneliness the last time I left him, then all the issues with Cedric and all that" His breathing hitched becoming ragged and uneven and my wolf immediately clicked into protective Beta mode as he fought to breathe and keep any tears at risk from falling as he clutched the top of the hospital gown away from his chest trying to free himself from any constricting fabrics but failing when he was only wearing his pyjama pants and the gown itself.