Chapter Thirty Three

--William's Point Of View--

"We're going.Now" Dmitri growled draping Cedric's arms around his shoulder, Claude hoisted Samandriel into his arms "I can't hear a pulse from Sammy" Hayley and I ran out in front in case of any Hybrids, I jumped down into a small stream when a throb of pain hit me upside the head like a brick sending me splashing into the stream cutting my hand on one of the sharper rocks on the river bed.

I scrambled to my feet when I saw the house come into view "Oh thank the lord!" Hayley gasped running up to the house to retrieve Brandon I assumed who came jogging out after her with Angelo in tow "I'll take care of Cedric" Angelo offered taking him from Dmitri "I will attend to the young one, I know how to deal with vampires if they're bitten by Hybrids" Claude reluctantly gave Samandriel to Brandon, Hayley was fidgetting uncomfortably before grabbing my wrist and pulling me inside.

"He's bleeding real bad because of the pup thrashing and throwing a temper tantrum and you remember Celia? She will be coming down to bring any blood transfusions but we might have to tranquilise the pup until they calm down" Hayley climbed the stairs nudging open the door to our bedroom.

Much to my shock Charlie's mother was sitting with him like you would with a sick child, it was heartwarming in a way but the alarming shade of white that took over Charlie's skin was not. "I'm so sorry for the intrusion, He just started throwing up all this blood and he was in pain and maternal instincts kicked in" She apologised frantically getting up from her place.

"No it's okay. He's lucky you were here" I shrugged nonchalantly shifting closer to the bed "You must be William, I'm so sorry I didn't get to go to the wedding. Their father didn't allow me to be there" Her face saddened substantially dropping her head shamefully "It's okay, at least you got to see him" I smiled to her sincerely, Charlie whined painfully slowly fighting to sit up.

"Hey sweetheart don't sit up, the baby is still upset" His mother gently pushed him back into the pillows "William's here though" She purred brushing her hand through his hair "Is he? What about Sammy?" He asked holding his hand out to me, I linked my fingers into his and gently kissed his knuckles "You didn't answer me" He grunted annoyedly scowling dangerously.

"I can't stress you anymore" I mumbled apologetically despite the annoyed growl from him "Tell me or I will find out myself" He warned angrily, I swallowed deeply "A hybrid tore into his throat, He's lost a lot of blood I don't know his condition" I frowned still clutching his hand ignoring his mother's shocked gasp.

"You mean he might die again?" He whimpered trying to sit up again, I could both his and the pup's heartbeat start to quicken "I have to go" His mother muttered quickly leaving the room, She was upset I mean if your oldest son is throwing up blood and your youngest son almost had his jugular torn out I would be upset too.

"I'll tell you if there's any change in Samandriel's condition" I reassured him gently resting my hand over his stomach "No. Let me go see him" He tried again swatting my hand away "I can't" I shook my head slowly as much as I hated denying him "Now!" He yelled, I flinched under his sudden raise of tone. I looked up from my lap into his pained eyes twisting his hand into his shirt.

"Okay." I folded pulling back the blankets for him helping him to his feet "Charlie. What are you doing up" Hayley grumbled disapprovingly blocking the doorway "I'm going to see my little brother" Charlie snapped wobbling towards her, Hayley's face twisted sadly nodding slowly "He's okay, for now" She smiled patting his shoulder gently "Good I can go see him then" He folded his arms across his chest impatiently.

"You need blood, I can't have you walking around. If you fall you can cause an aneurism because your brain is still recovering from the surgery" Hayley continued to block the door rigidly "Don't worry. I came to visit" A small voice coughed from behind Hayley's shoulder