Chapter Forty Eight

--Cedric's POV--
"They're so beautiful Ric, l might even cry" Claude cooed over Isla in his arms, My father chuckled wrapping his arms around him.

"Now Claude, she ain't yours. Don't go runnin off with her"

"I know that, I wouldn't steal my grandchild" He pouted cuddling her closer, I sat idly watching the rest of the pack fawn over the newest additions but nothing was processing, just the fact that its been over three hours since the birth and Hayley hasn't come out once.

"Cedric, it'll be okay. He's a tough cookie" Felix sat down next to me and rested his hand on my shoulder.

"Yeah..I don't know."

I heard the door in the hallway open and I almost leapt out of the couch to meet her.

"Gee you're quick."

"Is he..okay?" I asked cautiously not really wanting to hear the answer.

"Only just, I had to open him up fully to stop the bleeding. I had to almost gut him to fix him, so he'll be in some pain from the stitches but the wolfsbane is out of his system."

I sighed feeling emotionally drained from the chaotic day, Hayley smiled clapping my shoulder roughly "Congratulations though, Despite being premature they are holding up really well."

"Yeah, surprised me a little" I huffed out a laugh trying to keep it together.

"I'll show you through to him, everyone can take care of the twins for a lil bit" She led up the hallway into another room. This must of been the infirmatory hence the white walls and equipment.

Hayley crossed the room to the where Sammy lay "Hey Sweetie, I have your loverwolf here."

"Is he? Tell him I'm never having sex again" He mumbled cracking his eyes open slightly.

"Right it's all my fault" I laughed gently kissing his forehead to avoid all oxygen tubes and drip lines.

"Are they okay though? I'm a little fuzzy at the moment"

"They are, despite being early." Hayley smiled looking up at the heart monitor.

"But how are you feeling at the moment Sammy?" I asked wrapping my fingers around his.

"I hurt a lot. I can barely move, but thats better than being dead" He smirked gently touching his stomach with his hand.

"Sorry to interrupt you guys but we have two little cuties waiting for you" Claude grinned from the doorway still holding Isla and my father who was now holding Ivan.

"I luckily had still kept some clothes from when Gianni was born, they're white so its no big deal" Tyler popped his head over their shoulders.

"There's a little crib next to Sammy that could fit them both" Hayley pointed to the crib awfully similar to a hospital crib.

"We should thank you, for allowing us into your home." Sammy spoke up picking at a loose thread on his blanket.

"It's okay, Gianni enjoys more kids in the house. It's awfully lonely hanging with adults." Tyler giggled leaning against the bed rail "Some of our hybrids ripped the hunters limb from limb, your father though managed to slip away but he was injured"

"I still can't believe that he was capable of this"

"There is just some truly evil people out here." Tyler said apologetically "But until this dies down you're welcome to stay as long as you need."