Chapter Five

--Cedric's Point Of View--

I was awoken by the sounds of people talking downstairs, I honed my hearing to identify the voices as my father, Claude and the two other Betas under William's charge. William though was still asleep with Charlie in the room up the hall, Samandriel was still asleep on the other side of the bed with them of his shirt still risen slightly even though the ice pack had fallen off behind him.

I looked at the clock that read 6:00pm and silently swore to myself, Silas was perched in the corner of the room on the window sill watching him closely "We should go down and make some food, I'm starving" He hopped down from the windowsill fidgetting impatiently, I carefully pulled back the covers and made as little movement as possible not to wake Samandriel. I made it to the door when I heard a small yawn from behind me.

"Cedric? Do you need help with dinner? You were talking to yourself about being starved" He rubbed his eyes with the back of his hand, I shot Silas a confused look who returned with an equally shocked expression. How in the hell did he hear Silas? Creepy. "Oh no you shouldn't move too much because of your hip" I forced a smile to mask the confusion.

"I will live, the painkillers haven't worn off yet" He eased himself to his feet to find his shoes and limp his way over to me "It's least I could do for you people for letting us stay" He flashed a delicate smile and opened the door for me and closed it behind us, He used the stair railing like a lifeline carefully stepping down the stairs into the living room.

Surely enough my father and Claude were standing there with the two Brother Betas Joel and Angelo, Joel the hot head older brother snapped his eyes toward us grinding his teeth together to avoid from snarling darting over to seize Samandriel by the collar of his shirt "Who is this petty mortal!" He growled gripping a now trembling Samandriel in his hands threatening to crush him into dust, Silas was snarling at him trying to claw at him bearing his canines at him savagely.

"He is my little brother. So take your hands off of him or I will embed a bullet right between your eyes." A furious looking Charles had appeared with William at the foot of the stairs, His voice was laced with dangerous venom even though he was still pretty badly injured. Despite William's hard protests he stepped toward Joel and seized him by the wrist twisting it until he let go of Samandriel.

"We're going home. I can't stand to be around you people right now. Claude and Dmitri though I do thank you for the hospitality and treatment, I will keep my studies up for the exam. Have a nice day" He glared scornfully towards us and tightly grabbed Samandriel's hand and pulled him out of the house slamming the door behind them.

Claude was looking upset over losing his favourite house guests but my father and William were livid "Those two young men there were our mates you impotent fool!" William started to yell first moving to make a move at Joel just as Arianna appeared to restrain him. Silas though didn't hesitate to draw power from us to materialise and lunge at Joel.

"Silas! Don't you dare!" Claude stepped out in front of him to press his middle finger and fore finger onto his forehead and he dropped to the floor like a ton of bricks, I felt my head grow heavy and felt like it was leaning to one side "Thank you for that Claude, when one of us is hurt the other feels it too" I let my head drop forward before I too dropped to the floor also, Stupid Silas and his childish temper tantrums.

I found myself in my bedroom staring up at the ceiling, I noticed Silas was chained to the wall by the collar on his neck by a special sort of spirit binding chain or something. "You're a moron Silas. Attacking a Beta, mate or not they are your superior" I hissed at him burying my face into the pillow "Now how are we gonna see our mate" I groaned trying to occupy my thoughts about something else aside from Samandriel.