Chapter Twenty One

--Cedric's Point Of View--

Sammy and I had made it out of the hot springs without jumping eachother again, He had fallen asleep in front of the TV watching some sort of cartoon. I had this really bad feeling that something still was wrong with him, My wolf had an off feeling about him that he couldn't quite crack and it was unsettling. "Hey Cedric, aren't you getting married in two weeks?" Sammy asked getting up from the couch and stretching out his back and arms.

"I told you Sammy, I'm not going to marry Grace" I groaned picking him up from behind his waist and bear hugging him until he was squirming to get away "We should be getting back to the manor though" I set him down on his feet and picked my sweatshirt up from the floor "The pack council meeting is on all day so we're gonna go occupy Arianna" I laughed throwing his jacket and shoes to him.

"I also wanted to check on Charlie too, he wasn't feeling well" He tied the laces on his shoes and wandered toward the front door turning the handle and opening the door, hopping down the stairs into the leaves of the forest floor "Race you back to the house" He grinned flashing off in a quick blur "Hey no fair!" I ran off after him jumping over large rocks and tree roots, I caught up to Sammy and spear tackled him to the ground at the foot of the stairs.

" I still have brittle bones as a vampire!" Sammy yelled rolling over to sit on me "Come on, lets go inside" He pulled me up and dusted me off before climbing up the stairs into the manor. The pack council were sitting in the dining room with my parents in the middle of discussing something as I stepped in "Firstly. I will not be forced into a marriage and secondly, my mate stands right here and I won't marry Grace" I tugged Sammy into the room beside me tightly wrapping my hand in his.

"What is the meaning of this?! A vampire?!" The head council member stood up from his chair and glared at me menacingly "He was a human and my mate!" I stamped my foot like a two year old "Doesn't matter. This abomination. Will ruin us" The head council member dug his nail into Sammy's neck. Sammy's eyes flashed red and he snapped his hand back slamming the member's face into the wall before dropping him onto the floor.

I felt a harsh pinch on my neck and I turned my gaze to Arianna standing behind me with a needle stuck into my neck "I am so sorry" She whispered injecting the liquid into my neck, Silas was snarling angrily thrashing around before dropping to the floor in a pile. I felt my joints loosen off and I flopped down beside Silas who was still trying to get up but failing.

--Samandriel's Point Of View--

I had temporarily lost control of my vampire side and I assaulted one of the pack council members, Now here I am in the basement chained to the wall by a collar around my neck with my hands bound together by thin chains "Sammy, I'm so sorry." Arianna whimpered dropping to her knees in front of me "I was protecting William and Charlie and their..Nevermind" She trailed off sniffing sadly wringing her hands together.

"Where's Cedric? And what does Claude and Mister Dmitri have to say about this" I deadpanned, A bit of my snarky asshole was showing I think "Claude is busy taking care of Charlie and William, Charlie might bash brains together. Dmitri is going off his face, and The Council took Cedric into the forest" She bit down on her bottom lip moving to break the chains from my hands.

I flinched at the tortured cry that filled the basement "What are they doing to him!?" I yelled only to be yanked back by the short chain, I coughed trying to pull at the collar only to jerk my hands away as they started burning painfully "They laced the collar with vervaine" Arianna dropped her gaze to the floor "Let me out then! Otherwise they could kill him!" I hissed baring my fangs at her.

"I-I can't, I can't let my brother and brother in law to get hurt" She whined turning her back to me "And you're going to let your other brother in law rot in chains while your best friend is being hurt!" I bellowed tightly clamping my hands around the collar and clamping my eyes shut, come on. I opened my eyes and the collar melted into a molten puddle at my feet.