36. "Kindergarten Expectations"

I think I'm working out a schedule. Well maybe not. Now that Cristy and Alice are gone I have to think about my daughter. Who is she going to stay with? I can't just leave her here with everyone else, it's not their responsibility.

God is on my side when I found out that the gym has a day care, so while I work out Emie can play with other kids. I asked Jc if I could borrow his car just to drive to the gym and he was fine with it.

Emie and I walked into the gym as her backpack was falling off my shoulder. I opened the door to daycare and she looked around a little frightened. I set her down and she quickly started tugging on my clothes.

"Hi, my name is Rose, who's this?" A short, blonde, young woman asked as she bent down to Emie's level.

"This is Emie" I smiled as I pulled her curly locks out of her face.

"Pleas sign in before leaving" rose smiled kindly.

"Of course" I said as I grabbed the pen on the table and signed a few papers, "Okay I really have to go, this is her backpack, everything she needs is in there, if anything happens please come find me" I said as I handed her the backpack.

She nodded her head understanding, "come on Emie, let's go pick out a movie to watch" Rose said.

"Go on" I said as I gave her a little push. She looked back at me with glossy eyes. I quickly turned around and left.

I walked into the room where Abraham and I usually do our workouts, "you're two minutes late" he said with crossed arms.

"I was dropping off my daughter at daycare" I said as I set my gym bag aside.

"And you didn't come yesterday" he said.

I screwed up big time. Today is the day I die for sure.

"I'm sorry. I already know today is going to be awful so just kill me now with push-ups and sit ups and squats" I said as I rubbed my eyes.

"That's the spirit" he said with an emotionless tone.

-

Okay today was worse than the first day. I kind of expected it but then I didn't.

"I'll see you Monday" he said as he closed the door.

"Bye" I said after he closed the door.

I let out a small breaths as I wobbled to the daycare center. I opened the door and the room was a mess, toys and screaming kids everywhere. Not screaming as in crying but screaming as in, 'I am having so much fun and My little brain can't contain in'.

I looked around for a curly haired little cutie and spotted her sitting on a bean bag while staring at everyone else play.

"Em!" I called out. Her eyes widened as she quickly got up and ran towards me.

"Finally" she says as she hugs me.

"Thank you" I smiled at Rose as she handed me her backpack.

"It was no problem, bye Emie" Rose smiled as she waved at her.

"Bye" Emie said as she chewed on her finger. I signed out and walked out of the daycare carefully, making sure no other kids get out.

"Once we get home I'm going to shower while you watch a movie, then you'll get dressed so we can go see your new school" I said cheerfully as I held her hand while walking out of the building.

"Why do I have to go?" She asked, "I already know how to count to twenty and I know how to read" she said.

I nodded my head, "you're actually really ahead of the entire class already, because most of the kids won't be able to count or read yet" I said, "you'll count to one hundred and read books that are bigger than you can possibly imagine" she said.