31. "Sweet Like Cotton Candy"

I convinced Jc not to tell anyone about that crazy experience. I didn't want anyone to worry about it. After everyone came home we sang happy birthday and cut the cake, we watched a few movies and then went to sleep. It was a really good night.. for everyone else. I was still shaking from the incident.

I had just finished my session at the gym and I limped up the steps to the house. Since last night I beg anyone to drive me wherever I need to go.

I walked inside and dropped my bag at the entrance.

"Are you ready for today?" Franny asked with a Smile.

I nodded my head quickly, "I'm so ready, and I have something for you all" I said excitedly as I walked up to one of the boxes. I opened it and pulled out a few shirts.

"While I was in New York I made these shirts for us" I smiled as I took out long sleep white shirts. It had a cute design of little animals in the front and our names in the back. I smiled excitedly waiting for their reaction.

They looked at each other and didn't say anything. I looked down at the shirts.

"Do we have to wear them?" Kian shouted from the back.

Franny smacked his arm and I furrowed my eyebrows, "you guys don't like them?" I asked, "t-they're cute.. they have a little dog and a cat" I said as I pointed at the animals, "it's cute"

Franny nodded her head, "it is, it's so adorable.. we'll wear them" she assured.

"Yeah, they're so cute" Lia smiled.

"Okay, I'm glad you guys like them" I smiled. I took one out and read the name behind the shirt, "Kian here's yours" I said as I tossed it to him, "Franny" I said as I handed it to her, "Cristy and Alice" I continued to give everyone their shirts and smiled as someone knocked on the door.

"I'll get it" Cristy said as she walked over to the door and opened it. We all looked at whoever was past that door, "Dom!" she shouted as she hugged him.

-

I am so happy that so many of my friends were able to volunteer, Dom, Anne Marie, Trevor, Ricky and so many more were able to tag along and they all got shirts.

We arrived at the shelter and some of the workers had already set the tables and had a barbecue going on.We all carried the sodas and boxes of free shirts out of the car and set them aside.

"Why do they get better shirts than us?" Kian complained as he looked at the shirts in the boxes.

"Because people are coming to the event and they need a motive to you know, participate" I said as I slapped his hands away. I walked over to the people who were in charge of the shelter, "hi, I'm Bailey" I smiled at everyone.

"Hi, I'm Caren, that's Steven, Mia, Shawn, and Mare" she pointed at everyone.

My friends introduced themselves and the workers looked a little surprised to how many of us came.

"I think that you planned everything so perfectly" Mia smiled.

"It was actually my manager Neal" I corrected, "but thank you" I chuckled, "how is this all going to work?" I asked.

"Well, the animals are inside so basically the people that come can go inside and look to adopt any pets then come and buy food" she explained, "are you guys hungry? We can cook you guys something" she asked.

A lot of my friends said yes and they walked away with her.

"Let's start setting up" Jc said as he pat my arm.