Chapter Twenty One

When I got home the house was quiet and I figured she has passed out while waiting for me to come home. When I opened the bedroom door however I could hear a barely audible sound, one that broke my heart instantly. She was crying. It was dark so I couldn't see her but when she heard me come in she quieted.

I sat down on the side of the bed next to her, my eyes had adjusted so I could see her now. I brushed the hair that was across her face away and leaned in to kiss her forehead. "What's going on babe?"

It was probably a stupid question considering the night but I hoped she would talk to me. Her hand reached out to grab me and she slid over in the bed so I could crawl in next to her.

She turned so her back was to me and pulled my arm around her chest. I could tell she was still crying so I held on tight and hoped it would help calm her, "I got you."

Her hand tightened on my arm as we laid there, "I'm scared Laur."

It killed me to see her this way. She was such a confident person on the outside but to see her broken this way made me want to cause pain anyone that had ever hurt her.

"I know babe. I know you are. But I promise I will never let him hurt you again." I never made promises that I knew I couldn't keep but this is one that I truly hoped I could stay true too. I would do anything I could to make sure she was safe.

She rolled over to face me and I kept my arms wrapped around her. She ran her hand over the side of my face and it settled on the back of my neck. She ran her hands through my hair and I could feel her breath on my lips. "I love you," she said at a whisper but her lips were so close to mine I could feel the words against them.

I was sure it was the alcohol talking and she probably wouldn't remember saying it in the morning but there was a part of me that wanted to say it back. Instead I leaned forward slightly and kissed her gently. With a chuckle I pulled back and said, "You're drunk."

Her lips felt so good on mine, her hand was still in the back of my hair and I just couldn't help myself. My fingers were lightly running down the side of her face and under her chin so if her eyes were open she would see me when I spoke, "I love you too," I said just as quietly as she had.

It seemed crazy that I could possibly feel this way about her so quickly, but there is something about this woman that I connected so deeply with and she really didn't have to do anything for us to achieve it.

We were wrapped in each other and I knew I could easily fall asleep like this. I was ready to let my body relax when I felt her hand traveling down my back and stopping at the base of my shirt. Her hand slid around to my stomach and started moving up my shirt.

"Babe," I said hesitantly. I didn't want her to think that I didn't want this, but I knew how much she had to drink tonight. There had already been nights between us that were similar and I didn't want to make a habit of sex being a remedy to issues in our lives. I did that too often with Vanessa and look how that turned out.

She rolled over on top of me pinning my hands above my head. She leaned down and breathed into my ear, "I'm not drunk Laur, I really do love you."

Before I could respond her lips were on mine and her body was pressed hard against me. My hands were still pinned as I fought against her grip so I could touch her. She readjusted her hands so that I was unable to move as she started to kiss down my neck.

Her leg was pressed between mine and I couldn't hold back the moan as her body moved against mine. "Fuck," was about all I could manage as I still tried to fight against her hold on my wrists. She straddled my waist but kept her grip on my wrist and as I looked up at her I knew that no matter what happened from this point on I would be wrapped in her for as long as she would have me.