Chapter Ten

"So what are you going to do now? Stay here and deal with Vic or go home and deal with Vanessa?" We were still sitting on the couch and I knew that I would have to send her back out to work soon. It was bad enough she had been back here for as long as she had, Vic wouldn't say anything but people would start to talk the more she and I were seen together. Or disappearing at the same time.

I shrugged not having a clue what I should do, truth was right now I didn't want to deal with any of it. I reluctantly got up off the couch not really want to leave the comfort of being next to her. I walked over to the desk to check the cameras and see how long I had before we actually had to do some work.

The back rooms were empty, and Lindsay was upstairs setting up. It looked like things were starting to pick up and the upstairs bars were going to need to be set up soon. I was looking at the people sitting along the bar and saw Vic sitting at one end, when I looked to the other end of the bar I almost choked on the air, "Holy fuck."

That got Ashley's attention as she jumped off the couch to come around behind me. "What? Is Julie back?"

I shook my head quickly as I stared at the camera in disbelief, "No, shit, where's my phone?" She wandered over to the couch to grab it and was moving too slow for my liking. I got up and grabbed it out of her hand, "Seriously what is your deal?"

I ignored her question and started typing.

"Get up from the bar and go around the back to my office. Come straight here and do not go towards the front door!"

I was staring at the screen and watched her check her phone. She looked up at the camera confused before typing back.

Vic: "Why what's going on?"

"Vic, just do it!"

I tossed my phone down on the desk and watched. Ashley came back over and was behind me again, "Are you going to tell me what's going on." Her arms were wrapped around my neck from behind and I reached up and held them while I watched Vic get up from her stool and come around the back.

"I'll tell you as soon as she gets here," I spun around in my chair and was facing her. "Who?" she asked but before I could answer the door flew open and Vic walked in.

She looked like she was trying to keep from being irritated but her happiness over the fact that I was talking to her was overpowering it, "What's going on?"

I motioned for her to come over to my side of the desk and pointed to the screen. It took her a second but she saw exactly what I did and have the same reaction. "Holy fuck."

"I know. What are the chances?" We were both looking at each other in shock forgetting that weren't actually talking to each other for the moment. "Ok seriously what the fuck are you two looking at?" Ashley said startling us out of the daze.

We both turned to look at her and said at the same time, "Jordan."

Ashley of course had no idea who Jordan was but she definitely wanted to know now. "We dated when Megan and I first met. I kind of ended things with her to be with Megan."

She made an Oohh shape with her mouth but didn't say anything, "Ya it's a hell of a lot more complicated than that Vic."

She put her hand on her head and squeezed her temples, "Oh I know. What the fuck am I going to do? If I go out there there's going to be a conversation, if you go out there she's going to want to know where I am."

We both turned and looked at Ashley, "Was it really that bad of a break up?"

I started laughing and Vic pushed me so my chair slid across the room towards Ashley. She caught my chair and spun me towards her, "You want me to go out there and distract her?"