Chapter Four

It's now Saturday afternoon and here I am standing behind the bar with Ashley. Thursday and Friday went well, our customers are enjoying the new hire and I know she made a lot of money in those days. She's working a double tonight because like she said she doesn't have a social life and she's a hard worker.

Vanessa was here sitting at the end of the bar, she had some food and was having a couple drinks before things picked up and she took off. I had talked to her earlier but it got a little busy and she was now sitting talking to one of our regulars. Julie was usually around, sometimes she came in with friends, other times she came in alone. She was most definitely gay and I've seen her go home with a variety of women in the bar. Currently she had her hand on my girlfriend's arm and was leaning whispering in her ear.

They were both laughing and looking pretty comfortable. I couldn't really be jealous could I since I've kinda been flirting with Ashley, well I've been letting her flirt with me. But the fact that it was happening right in front of me really bugged me.

While I pouring a drink for a customer Ashley walked up next to me. "What's going on down there?" she nodded toward Vanessa and Julie. I took another look down the bar and Vanessa and I made eye contact, I raised an eyebrow at her and she looked back confused.

I shook my head and turned to Ashley, "Cover the bar for a minute I'll be back." She nodded and didn't say anything and I went back to my office. I hated being a jealous person but I couldn't help it, especially when I know that Julie doesn't just talk to girls for kicks. I could have gone over there and called her out, or done something to mark my territory but I felt like Vanessa should have done it for me. I mean it's one thing to flirt a little bit to do it while I'm fucking standing there, who does that?

I sat down in my chair and was staring at the computer screen that had the security cameras up. It was clear that Vanessa was no longer sitting at the bar which means I had about 30 seconds before she burst through the door.

It only took ten before it swung open and slammed shut, "What's your problem?"

I must have looked like a deer in headlights, "Excuse me?" She stayed on the other side of the desk and was leaning over it staring at me. "What is wrong? I saw the look you gave me."

I rolled my eyes and stood up to come around to stand next to her, "Oh I don't know how about Julie was all over you and you just let it happen."

She sat down on the edge of the desk, the same place that I made her come just two days ago and now she had her arms crossed and was huffing at me, "Are you seriously acting fucking jealous right now?"

This was an argument we had more often then I would like to admit, she was never jealous of anything and I couldn't help but be jealous. She had girls and guys that hit on her all the time and when it's happening right in front of me I just wasn't ok with it.

"I'm not doing this with you again Ness, just because you wouldn't care if I was flirting doesn't mean it's ok for you to do it. And even if you don't care I don't do it because I love you and I don't need other women in my life." I was leaning up against the door standing across from her and she was just staring at me.

"Don't tell me that you and Vic don't talk about women and talk to women. You have women throwing themselves at you here all the time." This was a ridiculous argument we shouldn't be having at work but I apparently we both have been holding on to this for a while.

I walked closer to her and I wanted to start screaming but I knew that it wouldn't do any good plus I didn't need anyone walking by hearing us screaming. I grabbed her hands and looked into her eyes, "Vanessa, you know I love you. Sure Vic and I talk about women, we're in relationships not blind but neither of us would ever act on it. And you know that part of this business is us having to be social, it doesn't mean we are interested in going home with any of them and you know it."