Chapter Nine

After successfully avoiding both Vanessa and Victoria I spent most of the next few hours in my office. It wasn't a lie that I had paper work to do, it was just a lie that it had to be done now. But I welcomed the distraction and managed to get the work done anyway.

I was currently staring at my computer screen watching the cameras. Vic was sitting at one of the bar and Vanessa was nowhere in sight. Ashley was behind the bar and had kind of been avoiding Vic unless she spoke to her specifically.

As I sat there I readied myself to go back out there and talk to people all night when I saw a body sit down at the bar. The anger I felt in that moment was more than I think I could ever describe. "You've got to be fucking kidding." I got up from my desk and swung the office door open.

I walked out to the bar and was heading right for her when an arm grabbed onto mine. I didn't look back to see who it was, I really didn't care. I yanked my arm away and kept moving forward. I knew I was attracting attention but in the moment all I could think about was getting to her.

It was then that I felt two arms wrap around me from behind, spinning my body in the opposite direction. She was pushing me back to my office as I tried to fight against her, "Don't do this Laur, not like this."

My office door was still open and before I knew it I was being forced through it. I turned around and tried to go back towards the door when I came face to face with Ashley. "Get out of my way Ash."

She shut the door behind her and leaned back against it, "No."

I walked closer to her and put my hands on her waist, "Move or I will move you."

She put her hands on my chest and put some space between us, "No. I'm not going to let you do this."

"That piece of shit is sleeping with my girlfriend and she has the balls to come in here, I'm not going to ask you again."

She shook her head and stood her ground, my hands were still on her waist and I was ready to move her out of my way because I was going to throw that bitch out of my bar. She wrapped her arms around my neck and pulled me into a tight hug, "It's ok to not be ok, you can let it out."

I wanted to be angry, I wanted to push her off me and storm through the door, but I couldn't. She held on tight while running her hands through the back of my hair. "I'm going to kill her," I said muffled into her shoulder.

My hands that were on her hips settled around her waist and I pulled her in as tight as she held me. I hadn't cried yet, I hadn't let myself feel anything about what was happening. Not enough at least and in this moment in her arms I couldn't contain it anymore. The tears were streaming down my face and she just stood there for a while holding me, letting me cry.

After a few moments she pulled away and put her hands on either side of my face, "Go sit at your desk." I looked at her confused, "Just got sit down and watch those cameras I know you're always watching me on."

She smirked at me when I didn't deny it. I sat down at my desk and pulled the camera's up. "Is she still sitting there?" I nodded yes.

"Just stay here ok." I don't know why she was able to calm me down but she did as I watched her walk out the door and appear on the screen in front of me.

She walked straight over to Vic and internally I was screaming. That wasn't exactly what I thought she was going to do. Vic looked shocked after she whispered something in her ear and started looking around. She looked up at the camera and nodded as Ashley walked away seemingly coming back to my office.

The office door swung up and shut behind her, "What did you do?" She put her finger to her lips telling me to be quiet and came around to my side of the desk to watch the screen.