The Royal Thrive - Chapter 38 - Something and Someone

IT'S BEEN A WHILE! 

Please dont' kill me over the lack of updates, I've been having a writters block once again. I know I promised to update I think... last week? I'm so sorry. 

Now we're at chapter 38 we're nearly at the end. 

I would like to thank the continous support from all my readers. I reached 40k views! Trust me I was watching it increase XD 

Please don't forgot to vote and comment, they're the main reasons I continue to update. Of course I'm not begging you all to since it is really your own choice. However I'm just requesting XD Feel free to criticise too :) 

Now please enjoy chapter 38 ! 

....

(We return to Raine's point of view now) 

It’s painful.

Excruciating. 

No matter how many times, no matter how many times I try and protect the people who are important to me; it all turns into a disaster. All the promises I made, to my pack, to my father, to Zain and Anne. To everyone. It is all ending in nothing but vain. Now I’m reaching to the end of my life - I can hear it, the calls of Death.  

Right now standing above a surface like water, the ripple fade out as I take small steps towards the light on the other side. “Come this way Raine. There is no more use of you in the real world. It is time you join us”; with no objections I start to walk towards the call of Death. The way I am heading right now, seems about right. The only right thing I can do is to let go; let go of everything. As it seems the closer I cling onto them, the quicker they break and leave my side. Once I take the hand of Death, I can join everyone - we can all move into a new life where there is no existence of war, hate, pain and death. 

“RAINE!” 

My name echoed throughout the empty space, the water rippled and looking back there was nothing there. Who was it calling me? Turning back again I feel a hand grabbing my shoulder; causing me to gasp I turn around to meet the same eyes as mine, the same facial features as mine, “You’re not going anywhere, you’re coming back with me” With the same voice as mine I flinch, why is there another me? 

 “You don’t have to be so shocked. I’m your wolf, so naturally I will look like you. Now listen Raine. I’ve had enough of your bullshit; you was actually willing to give up your life when there is so many people waiting for you.” Digging her fingers into me, the sensation of pain emerged. Flinching again I push her away forcefully; “If you really want to go back out there. Go by yourself!” Annoyed with her she growls like a real wolf, not wasting time I start to walk quickly towards Death. “Noah is waiting for you!” “I don’t care!” The moment the words left my mouth I gasp - with my hands covering my mouth I couldn’t believe what I just said; “See?” Her voice cracks slightly, it’s as if my words and actions are hurting her too. 

 Yet, what is wrong about being selfish? I’ve been selfless all along, and nothing had been achieved. The images of those whom died run through my mind; a sick feeling start to boil, I begin to choke on nothing but air. Then the call from Death catches my attention, “Take my offer and you can escape all the troubles of life.” - “Raine! Don’t listen to it! Your wold is outside! A lot of people are waiting for you!” - Looking between both sides, I start to become distressed not knowing what or which to choose. 

“ENOUGH!” 

Yelling between their calls my head starts to ache, “I don’t want to hear any of this! I’ve had enough!” Swiping my arm across the empty air I begin to groan in pain - then falling on my back, my eyes wonder. Everything feels like a dream, I want it to be a dream. If only I could wake up and return to the Raine Avery who lived her life with her pack, no fear of being held responsible to lead the future of the kingdom in her hands. I just want a rewind button and the more I think what would be if I had a rewind button the more my heart ached. 

I can’t go back anymore. 

Releasing nothing but sobs, Death and my wolf watch me sob in sorrow. I always thought I was getting stronger inside after everything but now I can see just how truly weak I was inside - to the point of breaking down. “I want to go back” Sobbing in between I cover my face with my hands, “I’m scared” Admitting to everything the weight inside me began to lift, I was too desperate to keep everything inside me. In fact, I was hurting not only people around me but myself. 

“If you have so many regrets, then straighten them whilst you have the chance. How many people wish to be you, to go back and fix the regrets. I’ve seen countless of souls who were like you, scared and confused. Most picked to escape and took my hand - only very few had the courage to go back. If you have a chance to go back then use it; don’t run away from it.” 

“That’s right Raine! You can’t give up now!” 

Go back? - Asking myself that question I recall the words of those who left me behind - every single one of them all encouraged me not to bow down to fate and fight it. They all made me promise not to waste the sacrifices in vain - they all put their hopes on me. Out there, Noah and Nathan is probably fighting against the queen. They’re waiting for me to wake up - I want to see Noah, I need to protect Nathan for Anna, I need to tell them where the king is; I still have so many things to do.

“I’m going back. I was arrogant and thought I could do everything myself. I’m going back, I’m definitely going back.” 

Death chuckles - “Then go.” 

A bright light consumes me within seconds, my wolf runs towards me and once again we become one - as I close my eyes I wait for my arrival back into the real world. Hearing my voice as I become engulfed into the light I reach my hand out upon recognising the voice. 

“Raine!” 

Holding onto my hand stretched forward, I meet the eyes I’ve been longing to see. “I’m not dreaming right?” In a uttermost gasp he touches my hand and placing my hand onto his face I could feel the stubbles under his skin; whilst my hand is on his face I could feel tears dropping onto it. 

“You didn’t leave me behind” With his voice cracking I couldn’t help but blink away the tears of my own. “Sorry” The first word I say to him make his eyes widen, and pulling me and embracing me into his arms he rubs my head and back; hugging him back tightly it feels great to feel his warmth. 

“I’m back” I sigh into his shoulder and pulling me away from his shoulder he looks at me in the eyes that screamed happiness; “Welcome home”. 

Don't forget to vote and comment below!