Attention

-few years later- (Alex and Wes are 9.)

[Lea's POV]

"Alex, Come clean up the mess you made!" I said looking at the stacked bottles of paint on the floor. He made his way over, Took one bottle of paint, Put it in the right place, And walked away, Leaving all the other paint bottles on the floor. "Alex..." I said sternly. "Mom, I'll do it, Don't worry, I'll take care of it." Wes said caringly. "Thanks Wes, I'm gonna go to film, Your mother is going to be home okay..?Take care of your brother, try to distract him while i'm gone." I said while kissing him on the forehead. "Okay, Bye." Wes said smiling. "Bye Love you." I said as I left.

[Wes's POV]

"....Take care of your brother, Try to distract him while i'm gone" Mom said as she kissed me on the forehead. "Okay, Bye." I said. "Bye, Love you." She said walking out the door. I walked over to Alex and sat next to him while he was building Legos. "Hi." I said tryig to keep things simple. If I talked to him in my normal ways, He wouldn't reply. "Hi!" He said flashing a smile. Mom (In this case Dianna) came out and waved towards us. "Hey guys, What're you doing?" She asked. "Just talking." I answered. "Just talking." Alex copied. Mom laughed and sat down besides us. "Thanks Wes, For cleaning up the mess your brother made with the paint. Your mother told me." She said smiling. "No problem, Alex wouldn't have done it anyways, And I figured you guys needed some help around here." I said smiling. "You're so mature! Don't grow up to quickly! I still need my two little boys to cuddle with." She joked. "Look!" Alex said picking up his legos and arranging them in a stacking organized color order. "He sure is organized when it comes to legos." Mom said while running her fingers through Alex's hair. I picked up the computer and turned it on. Alex suddenly smashes his fist on the computer. "ALEX, NO!" I yelled. "Oh my god....Alex!" Mom said shaking her head. I ran over to the computer and yanked him off of it since he was basically tackling it, And threw him on the couch. "WES! No! Don't do that to your brother! He could easily get hurt!" Mom said while picking up a now overdramatic crying Alex. "Why does everything revolve around him?! Everything is 'Wes be careful, your brother' Or 'Take care of your brother', Why don't you guys care?!" I yelled as mom put down Alex and put her arms around me. "Alex c'mon dude, We care, And I'm pretty aure you don't mean it. Everything doesn't revolve around him." Mom said while she wrapped her arms around me tightly and I was struggling to escape. "Stop! Just Stop!" I yelled. "No! Wes, Stop! We love you! We care!" She said kissing me on the forehead. "What Alex did was wrong, But he couldn't contol it. Please, We love you, It's just we don't pay much attention because we know you're smart, responsible, and you're a good kid. Wes, We care..We also love you very much." She said, Arms still wrapped around me. Alex screamed loudly to get attention. "Alex, Stop." Mom said. I was shocked. "Why'd you- But- You never- What..?" I said shocked at what she said to him, She would never say something like this toward Alex, She'd usually be by his side, Giving him all the attention he wanted. "No, All my attention is focused on you right now, I know what Alex wants, He wants attention, He is 10, But on the inside, He is actually 4-5 Years old right now. I'll give him my attention later, Right now, You need it. I love you babyboy, Don't ever think different, Me and your mother care and love you both alot, I'm sorry if you haven't felt that lately, I'll try to help the both of you equally alright?I love you Wes." She said kissing me on the forehead. "I love you too." I said burying my head onto her chest. She stroked the back of my chest and we sat there silently, Embracing the feelings.