Chapter Sixty-One

VOTE PLEASE BEFORE READING! THANKS!

Meredith's P.O.V 

My back started to ache from being against a tree trunk for so long but I didn't complain. Instead I continued playing with Harry's thick curls and stared at his closed eyes as his head was laid on my lap. It was very peaceful and I loved the silence we were in which was sort of weird since I hated silences. Harry's soft breathing was heard as I wondered how he can be so intimidating and scary when he looked so innocent and perfect right now. But only I saw his innocence and how perfect he is. And that made me feel loads better. 

It was just so quiet that I was totally startled when I heard Harry's voice. "You never told me why your brother wanted you home." 

I sighed before leaning my head back on the tree. I didn't want to talk about anything right now. I wanted to feel like everything was alright but the truth was never amazing as everyone wants it to be. 

"It was nothing really. He was just worried," I lied trying to force my voice from shaking. I didn't want Harry to worry about me. Especially when he had himself to worry about. If this conversation was to continue then Melanie cheating on Harry will come up. I didn't want to ruin this peaceful thing we were currently in. 

I looked down to see Harry's eyes already staring at me. He had a straight face making me mentally face palm since I knew he was going to get the truth out one way or another. 

"I'm not buying that Meredith. Tell me," He practically demanded. I groaned softly before letting go of a long sigh. 

"He found out about you," I mumbled. Harry sat up and stared at me. 

"Found out about me? Was I secret all of a sudden?" He questioned his voice getting heavier and harder. I knew this was going to end soon. 

"No. He was pissed that I was staying over at your house. He-" I breathed out before continuing.

"He started assuming that I was having sex from house to house I guess," I said quietly. "Why'd he think that?" Harry asked. 

"I don't know. Maybe because I had your clothes on," I shrugged. 

He scoffed. "That doesn't mean shit." 

There was a silence as I looked into space. 

"Is that all that happened?" He questioned knowing there was more to it. I hate that he can see right through me. I was like some clear glass. 

"He told me I couldn't get out of the house or my room," I kept explaining feeling uneasy. "Obviously I was pissed about that. I found out that he cheated on Lindsey a while ago," I said leaving the Melanie part out. 

"Was Lindsey there?" 

"Yeah. She was heartbroken," I answered him. 

"Is he still doing it?" 

"Yeah," I breathed out. "I saw him making out with some chick in front of out house this morning." 

"What the hell? How fucked up is he?" Harry asked looking at me like I was crazy. 

"A lot. Lindsey was watching them out the window. He is such an ass. I can't believe he would accuse me of things that I didn't even do but then go on cheating on his own wife." 

There was another silence as I watched Harry deep in thoughts. I was slightly happy that he didn't ask who Michael cheated on in the first place. 

"Who did he cheat on with?" 

Spoke too damn soon. 

"It doesn't really matter," I stated quickly. Harry gave me a warning look as to say 'I'm going to squeeze it out of you if I have to'.