Chapter Thirty

Meredith's P.O.V

I walked deeper into the alley following the screams. It was screams from a women calling for help. I slowly made my way into the darkness, my heart beating ten times more than it's usual beat. I wanted to forget about this and kept going on with my business but I wanted to know what was happening. Plus someone could be in danger and the streets are deserted. Not to even go to it's the middle of the night. 

The screams were getting louder as I kept going deeper into the dark alley. The moonlight was the only light showing me the way. So clearly if the moon wasn't bright and shining then I would have walked to a wall three times in the last 5 minutes. 

I came to a halt when I heard a deep voice. 

"Shut up you bitch!" The man yelled making the women stop screaming but I could hear her soft sobs. I wasn't that far away. I hid behind a wall and watched the scene in front of me. 

The women was probably in her 30's and she looked really young. Her chocolate brown hair was in knots and was messed up. Her face wasn't that clear but I could tell that her eyes were a green color. 

She reminded me of somebody. Somebody I knew but I couldn't put my finger on it. 

Two buff guys were holding her arms. It was like she was tied up to a tree. 

"Please just let my children go," She sobbed. Children?

"I said shut the fuck up!" The angry man shouted slapping the women right across the face. 

"Mum!" Someone shouted. At the sound of the person's voice made my stomach tighten. There was only one person who can make me feel like this. But it couldn't be.

I wanted to go out there and stop the man but who knows how many there are. I might get killed for making an appearance. 

"Don't touch her!" The boy yelled again. I wanted to see the boy's face but I couldn't. He sounded like he was 12 or 13? 

"Look at you boy. You are all so pathetic. What makes you think I will listen to your sorry ass?" The man went over in the other corner where the boy is I'm guessing. I couldn't see that side since this damn wall was here but I should be thanking this damn wall for covering me.

"He is just a child. Let them go please! I am begging you!" The women cried out. 

The man came over and stood right in front of the women. Fight was clear in her eyes and I felt so bad for her. 

"You didn't understand anything I've told you right?" The man growled in her face making her look away. "Let me make this easier for you. I think it will go through your damn ears this time," He added.

My eyes burned at the sight I was getting. 

"Shut." A slap. 

"The." Another slap.

"Fuck." Another slap. Oh god how am I standing this?

"Up!" Another slap. 

I had enough of this so I ran out so they could see me. 

"Leave her alone you mother fucking asshole!" I yelled but no one looked at me. Didn't they hear me? Since my throat was hurting from how loud I yelled.

"Stop it! Let them go!" I yelled but they didn't even notice my appearance. When did I get the ability to become invisible? Or Harry Potter handed me his father indivisibility cloak?