Chapter Thirty-Seven

Meredith's P.O.V

I entered the school front doors which were decorated with cute streamers. Zayn's hand was in mines as he led the way to the gym which was where the dance was being held. I felt nervousness kick in just as we were standing in front of the doors to the gym. I saw neon lights flashing at the blurry windows that were at the side of the door. 

"Ready to go in?" I heard Zayn ask. I turned around and faced him. He did the same and gave me a weak smile. 

"You came here because of me right?" I blurted out. Great! The perfect way to ruin the night when it hasn't even started yet! 

"What?" He questioned raising his eyebrows looking confused. I wanted to tell him to forget about it but then it will keep bugging me and I will bring it up again at the wrong time. Even more wrong then now. 

"You had to come to this dance as my date because you're my boyfriend right?" I sighed and finally answered him. 

He scoffed. He shook his head and grabbed my hand and pulled me to the corner where our conversation could be more private. 

"You thought I was forcing myself into this? So I wouldn't look tacky because your my girlfriend?" He questioned.

"Yeah I just thought maybe...." I trailed off. 

"Meredith, I came with you because I wanted to. Sure I don't come to these school things but I wanted to. I mean, my judgment can be proved wrong," He chuckled shaking his head. 

The corner of my mouth lifted up creating a small smile. 

"And I know I'm going to have a great time because you are here," He whispered into my ear making a shiver go through my spine. But it wasn't the same shiver I get when it's Harry. It was different. It's the shivers you get when you are cold or someone unexpected is speaking to you. 

Zayn put both his hands on the side of my face and brought my lips to his. 

"Can you kids do that in there. I get enough of that during school hours," Someone's voice said. We pulled apart to see the janitor sweeping and pulling a disgusted face. 

I was about to say something but that was before Zayn pulled me through the doors and into blind land. Yup, blind land. Just as the bright colors met my face, I swear I went blind but that was until I opened my eyes and saw everyone dancing around. 

The gym was decorated with balloons, streamers and other things. It didn't even look like it was the stinky gym like usual. It smelt good and food! I looked to the right to see a huge buffet of food. Many people was around it talking to their date or whoever but a blonde head caught my attention. 

Is that Niall? 

He turned his head around and I saw his face. Yup that is Niall with chicken stuffed in his mouth. 

I chuckled softly making Zayn look at me confused. I pointed to Niall who was too busy eating. "He eats more then that," Zayn whispered into my ear. I laughed. 

"Hey Zayn!" A voice called making both of our heads snap to the way his name was called. 

A very familiar face came into sight with a red cup in his hand. That reminded me too much of the drunken party I attended weeks ago. 

"Vas' happenin Dave?!" Zayn exclaimed over the music. Oh right. His name was Dave, the perverted Dave. Makes sense now. 

"Just enjoying the party! Dude have you seen Molly? She looks fucking sexy!" Dave yelled.