Chapter Fifty-Two

Author's Note: Thanks for the seventeen votes for the last chapter. I don't know why but Meredith sounds like a 'whore' since she kissed Harry, Louis, Collen AND Zayn! But She's going through a tough time so yeah.

Here's the chapter! 

Meredith's P.O.V

I was proven wrong when his soft lips met mine. 

And the worst part was I didn't pull away. I actually kissed him back. Everything in my head was blocked away like I couldn't think a single thing right now. I knew how wrong this was. I mean Louis was my damn best friend and my other friend's boyfriend! How crapped up was that? 

Everything fell on me when I felt his wet tongue lick my lips trying to deepen the kiss. No way in hell was I going to do that. Even though the kiss was nice it was wrong, it was so far from wrong! 

I pulled away as quickly as possible and jumped up feeling my cheeks heating up in embarrassment. The silence was so damn awkward that I swear Dora could've entertained me and made this less awkward. 

Louis stared down with his hand on his lap. I knew he was embarrassed and now that it was this awkwardness between us, I don't even know how the hell we were going to keep being friends. 

"Uh," I tried to come up with something to say. But how should I know what to say? I wasn't practicing a line for when your best friend kisses you out of no where! 

"I'm sorry," I heard Louis say under his breath. His head was still down and I couldn't see his face. "Yeah...." I trailed off knowing this awkwardness between us was going to kill me soon. 

"Everything is so awkward now!" I blurted out. I heard Louis scoff as he lifted his head up and finally met my eyes. He gave me an awkward smile as I rocked back and forth on my heels. 

"I shouldn't have done that. I wasn't thinking straight," Louis tried to explain. I nodded as he struggled to come up with words. I looked down as I replayed the last few minutes in my head. Louis cheated on Eleanor with me. Eleanor's best friend. Who the hell does that? Oh yeah Louis and I do.... 

I felt so bad now. The guilt was going to kill me alive. When Eleanor find out that her best friend kissed her boyfriend, she will be furious! Not that I will blame her but still! I already have shit in my life to worry about and now something else is on my list. 

"Why though?" Louis' voice snapped me out of my thoughts. I looked up and met his eyes with confusion clear on my face. 

"Why what?" I questioned. 

"Why'd you kiss me back?" I softly answered making my cheeks heat up again. 

"I don't know," I whispered looking at the ground finding the maroon carpet very interesting. Honestly that was the truth. I didn't know why I kissed him back? Was it I felt like the need to not reject his kiss or to try to forget about Harry. It's definitely not the second one because I know for sure that will never happen. I tried so many times and I dragged so many people but I ended up in a pile of shit like always. 

"Are you going to tell her?" I asked. He shrugged and held his head sighing. 

"You should tell her Lou," I told him when I sat back down on the bed but not that close to him. It was a bit uneasy since we kissed not an hour ago. 

"So she can start hating on you? I'm not doing that," He replied. "Well she will find out one way or another. And it is better if you tell her. I don't care if she starts hating me, as long as you be honest with her, I'm fine." I explained.