Chapter Fifty-Seven

VOTE VOTE VOTE VOTE VOTE VOTE VOTE VOTE VOTE VOTE VOTE VOTE VOTE VOTE VOTE VOTE VOTE VOTE VOTE VOTE VOTE VOTE VOTE VOTE VOTE VOTE VOTE VOTE VOTE VOTE VOTE VOTE VOTE VOTE VOTE VOTE VOTE VOTE VOTE VOTE VOTE VOTE VOTE VOTE VOTE VOTE VOTE VOTE VOTE VOTE VOTE VOTE VOTE VOTE VOTE VOTE VOTE VOTE VOTE VOTE VOTE VOTE VOTE VOTE VOTE VOTE VOTE VOTE!  I would keep going but my hands are getting tired.....

Song: "Demons" By Imagine Dragons

Meredith's P.O.V

[Outfit on the side]

I pushed my fake nerd glasses up my nose since it has been sliding down every 3 seconds. It was getting quite annoying but it was the only way to cover my swollen eyes. It wasn't the best cover-up and I'm sure people will still notice but I was lazy to actually put on some makeup. That was the normal way to cover up under eye circles and etc but I wasn't normal. I was so far from normal and that wasn't a surprise. I practically rolled out of bed, threw some random clothes on and put some lip balm on and now I was looking at the mess in front of me in the mirror. I didn't have the strength to do anything to my hair. I ran my hand through it and felt the oil in my scalp. I should've took a shower but I didn't feel like doing anything. 

I grabbed the dry shampoo and sprayed it all over my head. I ran my hand through my hair again and sighed before walking out my room. The house was quiet and I had a feeling that Lindsey would be downstairs preparing breakfast but after yesterday I don't even think she got out of bed yet. My thoughts were answered as I peeked into her room but instead of her laying in bed, she was sitting on the window seat staring out the window. 

She looked like a mess and I couldn't blame her. Her dark circles under her eyes were visible from all the way from here. There were tear stains on her cheeks and her lips were dry. 

I sighed before quietly walking in. "Lindsey," I called softly as I walked up to her. She didn't turn her head to look at me. Her eyes were still laid outside. I stood there balancing myself from my right foot to my left trying to figure out what to say to her. It didn't look like Michael came up here last night. Only half the bed was messy and I knew that Michael and Lindsey never used the same blanket. It was habit since Michael took all the blanket if he was sharing with anyone. 

"Did you talk to him?" I asked. Her head moved side to side shaking no without looking at me. I didn't know what to say to this poor woman. I felt guilty since it was my brother who hurt her. The fact that Michael looked at a different woman a certain way that should only be directed to Lindsey made me sick. 

"I'm so sorry Linds," I whispered. She bit both her lips and closed her eyes letting more tears come out. "I can't believe he would do something like this to you," I added sitting down next to her and hugged her tight. After a few seconds, she wrapped her arms around me burying her face into my nest of hair. 

"I don't know what to say but to get over it," I said trying not to sound like a bitch. I didn't mean it the way people told others to just get over something because it wasn't worth it. 

"You can't make him feel like he won. You're his wife and he shouldn't have done this to you. You need to find out if this was something that just happened before. You need to know if he is doing it currently or does he really love you the way he expresses it." I continued. She pulled away making more tears coming out. 

"Shh, don't waste your tears on him." 

She met my eyes and then looked out the window again. Her shaking finger pointed out the window making me snap my head to what she's pointing to.