Chapter Sixteen

Meredith's P.O.V

Don't you just hate Mondays? Don't you feel like breaking your alarm clock when it interrupts your beauty sleep? Well that makes two of us. 

I started up my car waiting for it to heat up. The weather is so bipolar! Yesterday it was sunny and very warm when today it is freezing cold! 

Speaking of yesterday......

Harry has been trying to call me non-stop. He also has been sending me so many fucking texts. I ignored all of his calls and texts. 

I'm sure I was pretty clear when I told him I didn't want to talk to him. My life will be easier without him in it, and it is actually is. Yesterday Louis, Lindsey and I hung out. It was very fun. Then Michael got home early and him, Lindsey and I went out for dinner. 

Lindsey thinks Louis might fancy me but that's a big no-no. I mean it's obvious Louis has a thing for Eleanor. I mean you can tell by just looking at the way he looks at her. It's pretty adorable. I want them together and I want Dani and Liam to go out again. 

I haven't talked to Niall in a while now and I missed him very much. 

When I entered the parking lot, I parked and got out. Not many people were out since it was very cold. 

I jogged up the school steps and entered the warm school building. I had a good 15 minutes to kill until school starts so I decided to go to my locker and hang around there until I see one of my friends. 

I put my things in the locker and checked myself in the mirror I had hanging on the inside of my locker door. I didn't have much makeup on. I only had on waterproof mascara and some lip balm, that's it. 

My eyes widened when I saw the person I was going to try to avoid through the mirror. 

Harry. 

Our eyes met through the mirror. It still hurts how only one look from him sent me these feelings but I had to forget them. I can't be with him and he is not for me. 

I broke eye contact and tried to pretend like I was looking for something in my locker. I took a glance at the mirror to see if he was gone but my heart stopped when he started walking this way. 

I have to think fast! I do not want to talk to him but I can't run away either. Then he will know he makes me weak and I didn't want that. 

I closed my locker shut and was going to make my way to homeroom but that was before I heard his voice. 

"Meredith?" His voice was raspy and deep. For some reason, it didn't sound like it's usual self. There was like hurt behind it but why would he be hurt?

I turned around not making eye contact. I stared at my converses. He let out a sigh.

"Meredith, please. I am sorry." He said. 

"Bullshit Harry. Stop it please!" I exclaimed not that loud. The last thing I want was to cause a scene in the middle of the school hallway which was filling up with students already.

"Listen Meredith, I-" 

"I told you so many times to stay away from me Harry," I cut him off meeting his eyes finally. His eyes were a dark green. His facial expression held no emotion. 

"Stay away from you?!" He yelled catching the attention of the people in hallway. Great, now we have an audience. 

"How can I stay away from you when you come crawling back to me afterwards? Huh?!" He yelled again making me flinch and step back. Only anger was written on his face.