Chapter Sixty-Two

Song for this chapter: "Wherever You Are" By 5 Seconds Of Summer. (New obsession)

Meredith's P.O.V

When I entered the house, I felt my stomach doing back flips from being so nervous. I was sort of scared that Michael will blow on me and even though he wasn't allowd or would never hit me. I knew everyone had a way of words that can be said in a hurtful way and coming from Michael, my brother would hurt the most even if he didn't mean it. 

The hallway light was off and it was practically dark but the only light was coming from the living room. I checked my phone to see what time it was and saw it was 7:39pm. I sighed softly before closing the front door behind me and walking into the living room. 

I saw the back of Michael's head as he sat on the couch. His front was facing the fireplace while the fire was burning making the room warmer. 

My shoes padded against the tile floor as I walked to the kitchen but was stopped midway when i heard his voice. 

"Where were you?" He seemed calm but that's what scared me. This seemed so movie-like and it was just so unreal. 

"Out," I muttered as I went into the kitchen trying to avoid anymore conversation with him. I had a very nice day today and I won't let anyone ruin it. I deserve at least one day without any problems or fights or shit that usually happens. 

I washed my hands in the sink and turned around to grab something to eat but was froze when I saw Michael stand only 3 feet away from me with an emotionless face. How the hell did he get into the kitchen without making a simple peep. That was creepy and very scary. I wouldn't be surprised if he was some kind of ghost walking through walls. 

"Out?" I could tell he was trying to keep calm but I just wish he wouldn't because he was scared shitless right now. I nodded to his question that floating in the air to be answered. 

He stared at me which just added more creepiness to this situation. It was like he was staring right through me. 

"What changed?" He questioned taking me by surprise. I didn't expect him to ask a question like that. I was most certainly waiting for him to ask me about where I was and all the things like that. 

"Nothing changed," I replied simply not knowing what else to say. 

"You're lying." He simply stated. "Your lying!" This time he yelled startling me and making me feel small even though I was only a few inches shorter than him. 

"You used to be this perfect sister everyone wanted to have. You never disobeyed mum and dad or me. You would never do something out of order. What the hell happened to that?!" He screamed.

"No ones perfect Michael! I didn't change. I found out what life really meant. Living under this whole rock that always crushed me whenever I did something wrong was not living. I am tired of living under mum and dad's expectation. I'm a human you know! I can't just follow everyone else's rules and not make my own. That's just called a damn dog!" I yelled back feeling my blood boiling. 

"Just because mum and dad died doesn't give you the right to find that no one is still looking after you. You are practically giving everyone the idea that you like the fact that their dead. You wouldn't be doing this if they were alive. Is that what you wanted? To have them away from you where they can't control you so you can be the bitch that you have become now?" He shouted back. 

I felt the tears prickle my eyes but I held them back knowing I don't want to Michael that he is effecting me. 

"You are an ass for thinking that," I quickly muttered beforing turning around and taking deep breaths.