Chapter Forty

Meredith's P.O.V

The weekend wasn't that great. First I lost my voice and was feeling like crap. Then Lindsey brought up Christmas which then I realized was next week so I started worrying about presents and stuff like that. I was planning on what to get for Harry or if I should give him anything. I mean what if he doesn't accept it? I was also thinking of what to get the rest of my friends. Danielle and Eleanor was easy to think of but Liam, Niall and Louis was a bit hard since they were boys and I wasn't great at giving guys presents. Then Zayn came up and I had to think about what to get him as well. 

So you probably get that I had a shitty weekend with paper crumbled up and getting thrown in the trash but missing. And texting to communicate with the person who was only 3 feet away from me. 

Monday morning was a bit better then my Saturday and Sunday morning with hair in knots and dark circles under my eyes. I got my voice back and I couldn't be any more happy.

I was a bit nervous on how I will talk to Harry and Zayn. I doubt neither one of them wanted to talk to me. I am such an idiot but that is no surprise. 

I got out the car and walked through the parking lot to the school building with my converses stepping through the snow. Why did I wear converses today? I forgot I was an idiot. It was pretty hard to miss but I don't know why I forget it so quickly when every few minutes, I do something stupid or idiotic. 

When I finally entered the school building, everyone was inside already. I shoved my jacket and my extra books in my locker and went to meet my friends by Niall's locker. 

"Hey guys!" I chirped smiling wide. I hope they don't realize that I was sort of faking the smile. I didn't want to drop all my problems on them again. I did enough of that and I don't want to bug them with it anymore. 

"Wow, someone is in a good mood. Had some fun Friday night?" Dani wiggled her eyebrows making me playfully hit her softly on the arm. 

"Yeah it was nice," I replied. "So you and Harry are cool now?" Louis asked. 

"Yeah. Um we're good," I lied. Like I said I did not want to drop all my problems on them anymore. But I felt bad lying to them. 

"Really? I hope he doesn't hurt you again," Liam stated. 

Don't worry Liam, he didn't hurt her. She is the problem. A voice in my head said making me frown. 

"What's wrong?" Louis asked concerned. I fake smiled again. 

"Nothing. It's nothing, I'm just tired. I didn't get much sleep last night. I'm going to head to homeroom, I'll see you guys later," I said in one breath. They looked at me weird like they knew what was up but shrugged it off except Louis. Ugh he knows me too well! That's why I hate having best friends. They know when you lie and are acting strange even when you are trying your best not to get noticed. 

"Yeah, I'm going to walk with Mere. I'll see you guys at lunch!" Louis waved and started walking beside me. 

There was a silence as we passed students still at their lockers since the bell hasn't rang yet. 

"Want to explain why you are acting so strange?" Louis broke the silence between us. 

"I'm not Louis. You shouldn't be worrying. I'm fine," I lied once again but I hoped he didn't notice. 

"I know when you lie MereBear. And I also know something happened between you and Harry. Am I right or am I right?" He questioned making me giggled a bit since he knew what was up. 

"Is it that obvious? It's like whenever we are acting like normal humans with each other, something happens," I groaned. 

"What happened?" He questioned.