Chapter Sixty-Six

(There's some P.O.V changes in this chapters so pay attention to the bold. The song for this chapter is "Heartache On The Big Screen" by 5SOS. VOTE AND COMMENT!)

Meredith's P.O.V 

The drive back to my house was a huge blur. I was surprised I didn't crash into a house or get run over because I was driving on the wrong lane. I couldn't even feel my hands which were lazily holding the steering wheel. My eyes weren't full of tears but it was still hard to make out anything around me. I only felt the car move and vibrate as I drove down the empty streets. 

The rain had stopped while I was trying to keep myself from throwing up in the girls bathroom. It was pretty hard since all the food I had this morning was practically pushing up my dry throat without question. 

When I walked out the bathroom, only a few students were left hanging around their locker. They stared at me as I struggled to keep myself from falling over as I walked down the corridor. The stares they were giving me were different then before. They were staring at me with pity. There was one corner of the hallway that left 3 to 4 girls who were laughing at me. 

I didn't bother to stand up for myself. 

When I finally reached my house, it looked gloomy. Just like me. 

The walk across the front garden was long. Very long. It was like I was walking through a jungle where everything looked the same. After a very uneasy and long walk up to the door, my hands rested on the silver door knob. I had a feeling to just sit out here for an hour of two and clear my mind. 

But there was nothing to clear exactly. My mind was empty. Like my life right now which seems to get worse and worse by everyday. 

I twisted the knob and found it unlocked which was surprising since it was always locked. Michael always lectured me whenever I left the front door unlocked. He said 'anyone could come in.' 

And now I wonder if death could come knocking on the door. It would be simple and very welcoming since it knocked....

I closed the door behind me as I entered the house. It was quiet and dark for some reason. I walked into the living room to find Lindsey sitting on the couch with her face buried in her hands. 

Guess Michael and her got into another fight. Or the one they had this morning was finally over and Michael shut Lindsey up with a hurtful comment. 

Either way, I knew it had something to do with Michael. 

"What did he do now?" Was the first sentence that rolled off my tongue. My voice was dry and husky. 

Lindsey looked up and her eyes were blood shot. I sighed as more tears rolled down her tear stained cheeks. She got up and walked over to me. 

As she stood in front of me with both her hands on my shoulders, I knew something was wrong. 

"Y-your brother," She stammered, her voice cracking half way. 

"What happened?" I asked afraid that he might've hit her or is moving out or something like that. 

But was I wrong. 

"Your b-brother hung himself in the bathroom of a bar." 

I felt it hard to breathe. The air around me was so thick that it couldn't even be called fucking oxygen. 

"H-he committed suicide?" I chocked out, my voice low. She nodded before sitting down on the couch and crying all over again against her hands that covered her face. 

I didn't cry.

I didn't scream.

I didn't laugh.