Chapter 27

Dominic's Picture on the side

~~~~~~~

Jessy's POV

For the past few days she's been living with us. Day and night I watch the two of them holding hands, her laughing and smiling at his words clinging to his every word that came from his mouth. I watch as he cooks for her the way he did for me once. I watch as they ran through the woods every morning. I watch her talk to everyone of us as nice as I imagined her to be. 

For the past few days I have been paralyzed in the spot infront of a punching bag. I would hit my knuckes on it for a million times trying to feel something more then this. I try to ignore them. I am now standing alone in an empty room looking over the big landscape. 

I catch my reflection glaring at the girl not liking what I see. 

I squeezed my eyes shut sighing deeply annoyed at myself for feeling like this. I shouldn't be feeling like this but I am and it sucks. 

He made me care. 

He told me he cares about me. He told me he likes me and I believed it. I actually believed that him of all people could like me for who I am. 

When she came back it was like a slap on the face back to reality. 

He explained to everyone that after he left some vampire got to her and turned her. She laid low not wanting to be found by other vampires but all those years she still hoped she would find him. After a few years gone by she decided to look for him and here she is now with her true love. Beautiful story isn't it? Such love like hers could still live after all these years it is quite amazing. It makes want to stab my eyes looking at them. 

Dominic made me feel something I thought I would never feel. He created this fire in me that wasn't meant for anger or hatered but for passion instead and I want to drown in that feeling. 

My thoughts were interupted by a loud scream that I recongnized causing my heart jump painfully at the sound. With no second thought I came down through the window following where the sound were. I can hear everyone alert at what had happened. 

In the distance I saw Alex on the ground half her neck ripped wide open. It was like for one moment everything stop and nothing mattered except my beautiful Alex lying on the floor, even getting my revenge faded away. I can smell her blood in the air running thick and I can hear her heart beating wild. Chad and her wolf was by her side shocked at what happened but her wolf stood infront of her in a protective mode. 

"What the hell happened?!" I yelled rushing towards her unable to hear any other sound but the pounding against my chest and her cries. 

"I didn't see it. They came so fast, we were playing around here and then a vampire came in the land and attacked her" Chad place his hand on her throat to stop the bleeding. 

"Search the land now" Micheal ordered to Chester and Luke who looked as pissed as me. 

The lovely couple came out shock was written all over their face. I felt like I'm going to pass out from the anger blinding me. I took a big sniff of the air trying to catch one scent. A musky, wood scent with a hint of mint lingered in the air. 

I want to run after them and kill them for even thinking of harming Alex but her voice stopped me. 

"It hurts..." She gasp blood cloging her air hole. 

I kneeled down and feeling my throat tighten at the sight of her in pain. 

"It's going to be okay Alex. You're going to be okay I promise" I vowed.