Chapter 12

Luke's picture

~~~~~~

I stood still feeling the earth beneath my feet, the wind also stood still, birds stopped flying. I closed my eyes breathing in the scent of the woods and the night air. I kept my ears open ready for an attack and in for cue just the slightest soft step caught my attention. I snapped my eyes open to find Luke with his lightening circling around his palm.

He thrust his hand forward and threw the ball of electricity towards me. Instead of blocking it I ran towards it and with the ability I have I used it to slow down the lightening speed. I cup the ball of electricity on my palms even though I can feel it burn against my skin. I held tight and sprint towards him jumping in mid air and threw it back at him. Even though he dodge it it still hit the side of him. He jolt on the side screaming in pain.

I took that as my advantage and run around him and grasp the flag out of his hand before he could recover. I can hear the sky rumbling at his comand, I zig zag avioding the thunder raining down on me.

"Stop stealing my moves Jessy!" Luke yelled after me.

I look back and laugh at the angry look he had on. I swear if looks could kill I'm a dead women. My footsteps is quiet against the grass. As I pass the tress, animals dash away fearing for what was coming. Up ahead I saw Kat and Dominic yelling back and forward at each other.

I shook my head when Kat want to get under your skin she will bury herself deep in you. Dominic's handsome fetures twisted into pure annoyance at what Kat is saying. He had his blue flag hanging carelessly behind his pocket.

Sneaking up on Dominic isn't an easy job to do even if you are the most skilled person to sneak around people with your light footsteps he will still feel you around him. So how was I suppose to sneak around him?

I block his power out it was hard for me to concentrate on blocking his power and trying to move around like a ghost.

I moved around him in a fast swift movement. The change of the wind caught his attention before he could put it together I snatch the flag out of his pocket and just ran for my life. I can hear him curse loudly blaming Kat for it. It's funny because they are in the same team together. 

"Keep up with the pros honey" I threw his words back at him that he said to me 3 years ago.

Three years of being a vampire. Three years of training. Three years of learning all about vampires. Three years of obessesing about Lincoln. Three years of Lincoln gone into hiding. Three years of being hunted down. Three years of this life is draining me.

I pretend that being what I am is ok. I can live normally like Kat and the others being what they are doesn't have to mean we are a bad person. They love their life but if I'm being honest to myself. I hate what I am, I hate what they are, does that make me sound like a bad person? For 3 years they treated me like part of their family.  They accepted me because I am what they are. They have been kind and caring that's all that matters right? They are good people but in the back of mind there's this little monster that has been dying to come out.

You have no idea how scared I am to wake up everyday and find dried up bodies dropped infront of me. Blood dripping down my chin and looking at the reflection of someone I dispise. 

We are vampires we are made to become killers, wild animals. It's our impulse, it's in our nature.

Yes for three years I cannot accept the way I am. For three years I've been obsessing about vampires. I tracked them all down and investigating each and everyone of them carefully. It's suprising how many there are. How they keep a normal life, have friends, go to jobs, go to school even be in a relationship. If they can do it I can do it right?