Chapter 17

I scrunch my face up in disgust seeing Annabel mash up some insects, herbs and other unknown things into the boiling water she's making.

"Is that what witches call tea?" I wrinkle my nose trying not to inhale the stomach turning smell.

"No it's what vampires drink" She smile amused.

"You don't expect me to drink that do you?" My mouth fell open.

"Oh yeah" She finished and pour the greenish blackish drink with a few lumps in it.

Her smile turn into a grin enjoying my reaction, she push the hot steaming mug towards me.

"And what is this suppose to do?"

"No other vampire can smell your scent anymore so they will find a very hard time hunting you down" She moved closer to me "Now drink up!"

"This better work"

I raised the cup to my lips and stopped breathing to stop myself from gagging. I just go it over and done with. The minute that liquid touch my tongue I wanted to spray it out of my mouth. It taste like mashed dead things with rotten fruit and grass and I'm pretty sure I swallowed a twig. I was half way when I was about to pull away but I felt her push the glass up tilting my head back to drink some more.

I pulled away coughing the taste out I can hear a small laugh escape her lips.

"You better get use to the taste you would be drinking that twice a week if you want those vampires off your tail"

I whined feeling the warm liquid stirring inside my stomach I had to sit down. 

"So what's the first on your revenge list?" She smirk leaning back on her chair. 

"I will continue to bring down Lincoln's vampire friends until he cracks and finally show his face."

"When he does show his face what are you going to do then?"

"You and I will rip everything away from him and when he got what he deserve. We will give him pain the gave us we both will rip his heart out and we both will watch as he takes his last breath."

"You have no idea how long I've been dreaming about killing Lincoln"

"Good" I smiled.

***

I stared out the kitchen window watching Alex and Michael play around Michael teaching her new tricks on how she can improve on her power. My eyes study Michael seeing the happiness in his eyes that's always seem to be there no matter what. Being around Michael makes people drop their guard down and let him in without even knowing it, the way he has done with me.

He made me feel safe and secure he made me open up and I didn't even realize how much I depend on his presence and just his ability to make me feel calm. He brings the best out of everyone. He makes people want to be the best.

Michael has been the person I would turn to for the past three years. Sometimes when things feels like I'm losing all my reason to stay Michael reminds me who is important in my life right now. We would just sit together on top of the roof at 5am in the morning waiting for the sun to come out. It was just having him as a company made me feel okay. He is my family now.

My thoughts were interrupted by someone spinning me around to slam me on the counter. I ignore the stinging pain on my hips. I glared up at the one and only Dominic.

"The little stunt you pulled really hurt my feelings Jessy" His sexy smirk came upon his face.

"Don't act like you didn't enjoy it" I teased with a sly smirk on my lips.