Chapter 37

Dominic's POV

Her face. That look on her face is still imprinted in my mind and whenever I blink I see it. I see what I've done to her. What my father and I have done to her. This is only a glimse of my lies to her and I couldn't even look at her in the eyes while she stares at me like that. I don't even want to imagine the look of betrayal when she finds out that I was Lincoln's plan from the beginning. To get her close to me and get any information he needs. 

Everything she does fascinates me pulling me closer to her wanting to get to know her for me not for my father. I look into her eyes and I see my pain in her created by the same person that gave it to me in the first place. When I saw that all I want to do is protect her but the fucked up thing is I'm one of the person she needs to get rid of. But I won't, I can't let her go not anymore. 

That night in her birthday I wanted to give her everything, I wanted to take her away from this place, I wanted to only see her smile but that want came crashing down above me. When she saw him standing there, this look on her face was nothing I've ever witness. I knew she thought she is going crazy, and I couldn't let her believe that anymore. I can't stand back and let her think her father is just in her head. 

When I saw him I wanted to run up to him and rip his head off his neck for hurting his only daughter more then anyone. When he had the nerve to strike his hand through her grabing hold of her heart everything in me snapped and I was seeing red. 

I knew the kind of pain that would bring not physically but meantally. All I wanted to do now was rip him to shreds until there is nothing left of him. I was scared. I was scared that she would hate me and I was terrified he is going to break the women I love into pieces that can't be fixed. That even I can't take away the pain. When I saw her face it was like he already ripped her heart out and stomped it infront of her. 

It took everything in my power not to push my hand right through him and squeezed his heart into little mush. My heart completely stopped when I caught her and her body shook as she gasp for air but her cries are suffocating her. 

The guilt in me began to eat me up staring at her like this. I wanted her no needed her to understand what I was trying to do. I need her not to hate me because all I can think about right now is the tears in her eyes that keeps rolling down her face. 

So here I am now with a glass of whiskey in hand standing alone. Everyone has went back to their rooms except for Michael and Jessy. When he heard that he's alive he immdiately walked out of the house. Oscar kept staring at me, well more like glaring at me and every second he does it creates an annoying sound in my head telling me to throw my keys straight through his lungs but I don't. I push aside my dark side for now. 

But I think it's a little too late to start being good. The darkness consume my whole body the moment my mother put a bullet right through her brain. 

I swallow the whiskey burning my lungs emptying the crystal glass. I walk around the bar looking for something strong to drown myself in poison that only makes me feel a slight tingle feeling in my head. I heard the front door opening and slaming immdiately my heart speed up hoping that Jessy is the one I hear.

The light flicker open blinding me making me squint I almost gave out a whine to shut it off quickly. To my dissapointment it was Michael in his dark blue suit not a single flaw on him. No Jessy in sight causing me to pour more drinks into my glass.

"Where is she?" 

He walk up to the bar and took the glass out of my hands and drink it himself making me raise my eyebrows at him. Worry suddenly spike up through my body thinking of the worse.