Chapter 49

My limbs felt numb and cold staying in this position for three hours straight. The darkness in the sky seem to fade as the sun began to rise and some how the sight of the sun began to create an ache in my chest because it's a new day. Morning came and I wish to god that it never came at all because a day without Michael doesn't seem right. Something feels wrong and out of place. 

Tears rolled down my face and I found it tiring having to cry for so long. It feels like I have to turn myself into somebody else to get through this pain. 

I began to hate myself with each ticking minute, I began to curse myself for letting this happen. The heavy ache that is twisting in my chest is something I don't want to feel. The lost of Michael is a heavy burden in all of us. The place seemed quieter, the type of silence that can drive you crazy. 

I sat frozen staring at the same tree for the past three hours. I can feel my eyes swollen red from all the crying but I can't seem to stop it just keeps pouring down like a broken tap. All those words that is left in my throat is heavy pain I wish I could get rid of and I'm so scared that it will always be there. I will never get closure. 

I wanted to march back to that mountain and rip him a part the way he did with Michael. I wanted him to watch me as I rip his heart out but I stopped. I clamed myself down because that is what he wants, for me to end it quick instead of him suffering for enternity. 

I hear rustling on the right infront of me, my eyes lazily follow the sound. Niki came out to my surprise out of all people to follow me she came. Her eyes is glassy with red rims around her eyes. She looks over at me and sighed deeply sitting down at me. 

For a minute we just sat there staring at the tree and the silence only left a longing for Michael. 

"Did Michael ever tell you the story of how he met Kat?" Niki spoke clearing her throat. 

She look at me waiting for a response I shook my head slowly  staring down at my hands. 

"It was World War II and she was 14 when the German soilders came to her home and murdered her mother gunning her right infront of her. They kidnapped her sister and her dragging them into this abandoned home. When they arrived there was about 8 other girls they took from their homes and they got told they have new life now and they have to follow rules and when those rules were broken something bad happens. The leader would demonstrated that if anyone ever rebel against him he would cut their throats. He grabbed Kat's sister and killed her just for an example. Kat cried hysterically and the boss didn't like that, he than realized that she was deaf. He took that to his advantage and made her the girl that would inject herione in the girls because they couldn't plead for help it's useless to try with Kat. She would get them high before the soliders came to pay for the night with them. It sickened her to have to look at their lifeless eyes and force herself to inject them and after the man were done with the girls she would come back to clean the girls up. She wasn't sold to any man as long as she did her job right and because the boss fell in love with her. She met a girl and soon became friends because she knew sign language and she was nicer and understanding then the other girls. They promise each other to get out of here and that they'll make it she just had to hold on.." Niki trail.

My eyes widen slightly at the horrible history Kat had and I found a new admirable part of her for creating a new life for her and for not letting her past ruin the person she is.

"What happened?" I finally spoke looking over at Niki.

She stared back a small sad smile place upon her lips.

"One night a man came and he was so rough on her and so brutal and left her bloody. Kat hid in that room when it happened in the vents. She came out with a small knife and stabbed the man so many times that the whole ground is filled with blood. Kat helped her friend and they were going to escape and have a plan but the girl was too weak and she was losing too many blood. She told Kat to go to be free for both of them. Kat did she fought all those men inside, she was wise and made them kill each other. She burned the place down and made it out escaping it all, she just kept running and running until she saw this barn and knocked on it. Michael answered she was scared of him at first and declined his help for anything because all the man she ever met never showed her kindness the way Michael did. Kat saved herself but Michael showed her kindess to help her love herself. When she was 19 Michael turned her because she wanted to be a vampire, she wanted to be strong and free and Michael gave her that." Niki smiled slightly. "Michael gave all of us a second chance in life."