Chapter 7

Picture of Michael

****

I look around the big mansion, everything is antique and classic. Arts hang off the big walls, statues and objects displayed. This house is like an art museum and I feel intimidated walking across the marble floors. 

My reflection caught my attention. I stared at the mirror, a girl standing infront of me. Her clothes soaked in blood, her arms smudge in dry blood. Her pale skin brought out the circles under her eyes making it look extra darker. I look into her empty eyes. Everything has changed since the night I turned, since my dad tortured me, the night I turned an innocent girl into a vampire.

I wanted to make everything right again and turn back to when I was happy. Where I had friends and a family but I knew that won't happen. The only thing I can do is destroy the person who took everything away from me.

There's no turning back anymore.

The door opened quietly, snapping my head to the person. Michael stood there with clothes in his hands handing it to me.

"Where are we exactly?" I fold my arms.

"Santa Rosa Island"

"We're in California?" My eyes widen.

"A long way from home" He smiled setting my stuff on the bed."Get some rest, I'll explain everything in the morning."

"Wait!" I shout confused staring at the bed. "So vampires don't sleep in coffins?" I gasp.

Laughter erupt him in him, his handsome got even more handsome if that's possible. Why are all vampires always look this good looking?

"Sadly no" He smiled.

"Disappointing" I mumbled my eyes wondering back to Alex.

"She's going to be fine, get to sleep." He patted my back.

I felt guilty, deep inside I knew it was a wrong decision bringing a good person into this world that's unexplained. It would change everything she is right now, innocent. She would see things that no one should see. I was a good person too. Why did this have to happen?

My strength felt drained and all emotions came rushing through my body. I sat near her, I blink away the tears feeling the warm tears roll down my face. I felt this heavy pain on my chest as my throat tighten. I pulled my legs near me and hugged it closer resting my head on my knees.

I couldn't take that I'm all alone now. I needed them more then ever but I'm a monster, they fear me and I'm scared that I will hurt them. Anger rose within me and I felt the need to lash out. I can feel my hands bawling into a fist. I can feel it wanting to come out and I was scared that I'm about to do something reckless. My body ached in pain, I felt like everything is collapsing around me.

A loud thunder erupt my the skies making the ground tremble. I can hear the beat of the rain and the rumble of the sky. I drop to the ground having a hard time breathing. I gave out a sob the pain was a sudden rush to me.

"Hey, hey look at me" Dominic appeared infront of me, he grabbed me making me look up. His warm hands wrapped around the nape of my neck. "Calm down, you're causing an earthquake and hurricane. You need to calm down before it gets out of hand"

"What are you talking about?" I blink away the tears.

"Just breathe." His voice became soothing and it took me by surprise at how caring and calm he looks instead of that cool bad boy attitude he has. I look into his hazel eyes it felt like everything I was feeling vanished. A small smile formed on his perfect face.