Chapter 32

Jessy's POV

We walked back to the house with his arms around me had me feeling weird things. Luther looked up at us a small smile lingering on his face. 

I still can't believe how much dirty secrets Lincoln has. It makes me wonder what really happened from the beginning. Why he is the way he is and I want the truth of his story to come out from him. Watching Dominic relive what could be the worst day of his life had me fidgeting in the spot. I almost push Luther away from him seeing the pain that is taring him but he has to know this. He has to find the truth. 

When I saw the tears that fell I can't help but feel my chest tightened seeing how mush this is hurting him. 

Touching him like that had my heart pounding nonstop and I thought he could hear how loud he's making it beat. 

"Are you okay?" I can see the true concern in his face. 

He has known Dominic all his life and I think it really tore him up when the only family he had he have to make his memories fade that has anything to do with him. His life must have been so lonely and sad and the empty bottles of alcohol is the evidence. 

"Yeah um thank you" Dominic trail a bit uncomfortable maybe because he has been nothing but kind and I can see the curiosity in Dominic's eyes. "A few weeks back Lincoln came to me." 

I stop in my tracks completely off guard with the words that came from him. My eyes snap towards him he looks up at me guiltily. 

"He said he wanted to bring my mom back from the dead somehow." He seem a bit unsure like he's choosing his words carefully is it because Luther is here or is it because of me? 

"Why haven't you mention anything?" I asked. 

"Because I thought I could handle it, I thought that my asshole of a father wanted her back because he loves her. I thought for once he couldn't be as bad as I thought he is and now he's nothing but a fucking selfish power hungry asshole!" He yelled and I can see the frustration in his eyes. 

I nodded understanding that this was a family situation and this is not about me. This is not about my revenge but I can't help but feel a little uneasy about him not telling me about meeting up with Lincoln. I'm trying to be understanding but there's something bugging me. 

"We can't let that happen Dominic you understand that don't you?" The urgency in Luther's voice rang against the quite house. 

I spin around heading towards the window clenching my jaw. I can't help but think what if he's been seeing him more than once? The thought alone had my chest tightening the air in my throat became suffocating. 

Their voices in the background became a soft whisper as I focus on the pain. My hand reached for the wooden frame of the window clenching it tightly. A loud crackling sound interrupt them and for a minute I was confused where it came from. I look down at my hands finding broken woods crushed inside my fist from my hold. 

"Sorry" I press my lips together putting it down. "I can fix that." I look over at Luther. 

"Don't worry about it" He smiled waving it off. 

Dominic snap his eyes towards me frowning at me I quickly replace my expression into a smile hoping he didn't see anything. I avoided his eyes taking a seat on the couch and focu on the glass of gin. 

"I need time..time to process all these to make a new plan" He told Luther. 

"Okay take the time you need but it's very important that Lincoln doesn't find out about me."