Chapter 20

When we arrived back home Kat eventually stopped talking about Dominic with after a few threats I gave. Dominic and I would share a few knowing glances once and a while. What happened last night got me confused, I don't know how to feel about it. I blame it on the blood lust that we were on but we both know it wasn't just that. I think we are both too confused to talk to each other about it so we pretend it didn't happen but Kat is always there to remind us.

The minute we stepped foot in the house Chester and Luke yelled at us for not taking them and for being so selfish.

I walked towards Alex and sweep her off her feet and embrace her tightly making her laugh with joy.

"I missed you" I spread kisses all over her cheeks.

"I missed you too!" She hugged me as tight as she could.

Alex and I went out to eat she talked nonstop about her training with Michael and how good she has gotten. I can see the happiness in her achivements making me smile at her.

"How about I take you out just you and me anywhere you want" I smiled down at her.

"Really?" Her eyes shine with brightness. "Can we go to the pancake bar?"

"For dinner?" I chuckled at her choice not at all surprise.

"Yeah can we?!" She grinned taking hold of my hand. "Can I bring Snow?" She said meaning she wants to bring her big white wolf inside a diner. I chuckled loving how she's so innocent and how perfect her little world is but at times I know that world she has created won't be enough and I'm scared to find out what would happen.

"As much as I love big Snow we can't bring her"

"But pancakes are her favourite too"

"Don't worry Alex I'll make special pancakes just for Snow" Michael sent me a wink making me smile.

We walked down the late afternoon breeze along the pathway taking our time to get to the restaurant. She talk to me about what I missed, she would skip and sway taking hold of my hand. She would find something interesting as we walk pass and I would find something new I would love about her everytime.

We walk along the path of a busy street filled with a lot of family in their little spot on the grass.

"Can I go see that dog?" Alex pointed at the tall dark Doberman.

"You have great eyes for beautiful animals they are my favourite" I smiled and nodded. "Go ahead" I trust her to not put herself in danger.

The animals are not what I would be worried about, they worship Alex if they could they would follow Alex around. It's the humans around, I don't trust them to be near Alex. I'm always paranoid that Alex would slip up when she's around humans and she would use her abilities and the humans would do anything to study such strange behaviour and try to contain control from it.

I look around taking a big breath of air trying to find a hint of a vampire or someone suspicious. Everyone in this park is either with a family playing around with their dogs or sitting down and reading while the sun beams down on them.

My eyes snapped on the person beside me taking me by surprised at how close he is. He had a blank expression in his face that told me he doesn't know what he is doing. He is medium height, with a greyish black hair, tan skin with wrinkles around his forehead. He wore jogging gear that he sweated on. Something about him made me alert and ready.

"Lincoln have a message for you" He said in the most emotionless voice I heard. It's like he's in some sort of spell.

The moment that word poped in my head all my senses heightened up alert for an attack