Chapter 50

Michael's POV

I sat on the wooden bench staring ahead at the lake infront of me swaying peaceful just like the trees. I look up at the sky and found it cloudless nor it was blue but a color of white. I knew I have died and this is not just a dream some how I was pulled into here and I am meant to wait for something to happen. 

My mind began to wonder back in 1915 flashing back to the year when everything changed in my life. I was a meth addict, I've killed for drugs, stolen money to buy drugs and watch so many of my friend OD. I felt like a scum, I felt weak and disgusting yet I still crave for it. My whole life was like a routine since I was 17 sent off to military school but only to runaway from it. For 7 years I've some how survived dozing myself with that poison. 

I stole drugs at one club I needed it so bad since I hadn't had a fixed for 18 hours, I felt myself losing conrtol. They caught me stealing and they beat me up until I wasn't able to see, they dragged me the dirty toilet and left me on the ground bleeding to death. Some how I was okay dying like that instead of in my own vomit. My life have been a mistake and a waste of time and I was done, I wanted to die. I remember a figure hovering above me and for a minute I thought they came back to cause me more pain. 

I remember seeing a white suit and everything else is a blur. I felt his hand graze my face so softly I thought I began to hallucinate. I remember him saying, "You poor child, you're too young to die." His accent was foreign. I thought he injected me with something on my neck and within a few hours I gasped for air and was in a beach house in a white new clothes. I try to look around the big house for the man that saved me but he was no where to be found only a note saying to make myself at home. He showed up in the thrid night and the third night was when I had the urge to use again. The third night when I realized that there is something wrong with me. 

I came face to face with a tall man wearing the white suit, his dark skin compliments his light eyes. He gave me this smile like we were old friends. 

He taught me everything about vampires and about life and how I shouldn't take advantage of it. 

I remember saying to him that I was a broken man and it was a waste of time and I remember him looking at me with a warm kind smile I've never seen in my life and answered. 

"The word broken simply means it can be fixed." 

Those words changed my life. He was kind to me, I spent my days learning and educating myself because I wanted to be like him. I wanted to carry myself with intelligence and grace just like him, I want to be kind and honest. I wanted to be a great man in this new life of mine. 10 years past and one night he never came home, he never left a note so I look every where for him and asked people. I waited and waited but time went by and no sight of him. From this day I don't know where he went or if he is even alive. The man that taught me life is something not to take for granted. 

"Michael." A voice erupt my thoughts. 

I turn around and found Annabel standing there. I smiled and walked up to here this girl always amazes me with the skills she hold. I've never met a witch so young that knows so much. 

"I can't believe I did it." She smiled wildely looking over at me tears welling up in her eyes. "I've cast a spell so each of us could say goodbye to you. I can't believe you're dead, I'm sorry I can't bring you back, I'm not strong enough I want to so bad and I wish-

"Hey." I cut her off wipping away her tears. "It's okay little witch, it's okay." 

Her eyes soften tears pouring down her shoulders shaking. 

"I'm sorry this happened to you." She bit her lip. 

I smiled and shook my head. "I've lived a very long time Annabel, life is good, life is something you would never expect it to be. Look after the family will you? Or I'll haunt you all for ruining our home." I grin making her smile slightly.