Chapter 23

Picture of Oscar as Shiloh Fernandez.

~~~~

3 weeks later

I watch carefully stepping foot inside the iron steel room keeping my eye on the man sitting with his hands on his head.

"So I finally get to meet the person who saved my daughter huh?" His voice was deep and had enough huskiness in it.

He looked up his brown eyes the same color as Alex. He has dirty blonde hair that is closed shaved, he grew stubble around his face. He is quite attractive with his tall lean body like a swimmer he looks young to me.

"I'm Jessy" I would offer my hand but I didn't trust him to bite it off.

"I'm Chad" He stood up and lean against the table next to him. "So I'm a vampire and you turned me is that right?"

"Yes I couldn't let Alex lose both of her parents. I'm sure Michael has filled you in when he was training you"

"Michael should be a drill Sargent" He chuckled. "That man really had me working. Was it like that with Alex?"

"No I was with her all the time"

"Thank you" He smiled. "I gotten use to be a vampire I guess" He shook his head as if he couldn't believe the words coming out of his mouth. "Do you want to know what I can do? It's pretty cool"

He took out a knife and slash his palms and squeezed his hand to make a fist letting the blood drip on the floor. My eyes couldn't believe what I was seeing, I watch the steel floor began to melt where the blood dripped.

"I guess if someone decided I was meal they are going to get a little surprise." He grinned.

"Impressive" I smiled. "Just like Alex"

"Alex can I see her?" His face soften at the mention of her.

"Why won't you come out Alex?" I called for her.

He immediately look over my shoulder his face twisted in happiness that only a parent would know. I can see tears in his eyes as he looks down at her. Before he could even speak she ran up to him and leap into his arms causing him to stumble a bit. He kissed her all over her face with tears running down both cheeks.

"My baby girl I never thought I would see you like this again" He hugged her twirling her around.

"I miss you daddy"

I smiled and slowly walked away giving them a little privacy. I walked up stairs to my room to look over the files of vampires I have. Suddenly a ring came from the drawer of my table making me freeze on the spot. The only phone there is my old phone that I kept always with a full battery.

Slowly I walked up to it and took the phone in my head seeing Oscar's name flash. My heart completely pulled to a painful stop. The last time I saw him was when I hurt him and I never forgave myself for it. A whole part of me is missing everything about him.

He's one of the people I really miss and just seeing his name and knowing his voice would be on the other end is too tempting to let it pass. I press the button and place on my ear waiting for that familiar comforting voice.

"Jessy I miss you so much" His voice was different.

It was no longer a happy cheerful voice that would use to greet me at six in the morning telling me to get up. No there was pain in his voice that it automatically got me worried.

"I need you Jessy." When I heard his cry that he tried to hide I almost broke the phone in half. "I know what you are and I'm not scared"

"Oscar" I spoke up in a small whisper.