Chapter 55

When I talked about a new leader is coming I was talking about Dominic because in my eyes I see the best leader a vampire will have. He cares for only vampires, yes he may have a bad temper and could care less for humans but even though he has done alot of bad things he shows another side of him. Not entirely a good side but a side that has more vulnerability, more forgiveness, more passion and more understanding. I know he can be someone they would look up to and follow because he is truely a vampire that loves every bit of who he is. I believe that's what vampires truely need as a leader. 

When he told me to be our leader, to be the queen like he already figured everything out I didn't know what step to take but when I saw those vampires laying helplessly I felt responsible for all of them. I felt the need to save them all and when I look into that girl's eyes I saw the way she looked at me, the way Dominic is looking at me right now. Like they both knew before me that I could be the one to fight for them, to fight for all vampires.

 I have been training practicing new skills without my ability dodging attacks from Luke, Chad and Oscar. When the black ash Oscar created on the ground it had me crumbling to the floor. My muscels trembled spasming in pain. I can see Dominic watching from distance not impressed by my method of new training. 

"Again." I wipe the sweat forming on my face. 

The three of them is on the floor breathing heavily ignoring me. 

"Jessy you're killing me here." Chester groan.

"How about you three take a break, I'll take it from here." Dominic stepped forward telling them to leave. 

I grab the bottle of water cooling my warm throat. He had his hands behind his back walking towards me. 

"You and I both know you are more then perfect with the abilities with your fighting skills. You know every move and predict the opposition's move before they make it. With or without your ability you're stronger then most." He walk towards me his eyes lingering my skin creating an electric heat running up my spine. "Your father's ability is to get into people's mind and use their fears against them. What you need to do is remove all those fears, all those nightmares and when all of those are gone what can your father do to you then?" He smirk.

I swallowed loudly feeling anxious to face whatever problems are in my head because for the longest I've known to deal with my fears I deny it is ever there. He is right I need to remove them all, remove every bit of fear until I have nothing to fear.

"So let's begin shall we?" 

I breathe in and out nodding at me to use his ability to get in my head. I closed my eyes feeling heaviness set in. 

When I opened my eyes I am running through the woods in the dark. Trees seem to climb higher blocking any view of my surroundings making it more darker then usual. My lungs and burned trying to inhale as much oxygen, the pumping of my heart is deafning. I don't know why I'm running but I feel scared for my life. The frustration on wanting to run faster is not enough, the more I run the struggle of not stopping is painful. 

I can hear her, she's catching up to me, I can hear the growl and the light foot steps and I can hear her taunting laugh that seem to echo bouncing from tree to tree. 

"You can't run from me." She laughed.

I stopped running my eyes searching where that voice belongs to, sweat ran down my face. Every painful breath, every pounding in my chest spiking up my fear. Fearing of seeing this person I'm running away from. All I know is that I'm scared, so scared that I can't calm myself down like the way I always do during a fight. All I want to do is run before it's too late.