Chapter 19

It was like I walked into a movie in the 80's where everything is bigger, brighter and people aprriciated things more and was more forward with their emotions towards each other. Everyone in this event looked like they belong in a fashion magazine. Women flaunt their all different curves with their beautiful gown and men looked tall and gorgeous with their neat suit with their hair styled neatly.

My eyes met a pair of deep blue eyes that captivated most people around the room. You feel some sort of powerful presence around him. He stood taller then anyone here with broad shoulders and great posture. He wore an expensive looking Tom Ford with a gold watch on his wrist. A smirk tug on the corner of his pink lips.

"You look absolutely beautiful Jessy" Dominic walked towards me in confident.

"Well thank you. You look great yourself" I look around the big ball room. "Why do you go to these type pf events if it bores you so much?"

A butler came with champaines to offer, Dominic handed me on and gave me his charming smile.

"Because knowing people around the world is something I can take advantage of" He drank.

"Do you do your mind control powers on them so they can tolerate your presence?" I joked taking the strawberry out and biting it.

I thought he would be annoyed at my joke but he found it amusing as we walk across the ballroom towards the open balcony staring out into the night.

"I don't have mind control I just make illustions that can ulter their decisions" He shrugged. "Plus I'm the most powerful person here" He gave me a cocky grin.

"I forgot your royal highness" I rolled my eyes. "Isn't it nice to just have everything you want in the world in the palm of your hands?" My tone came out harsher then I intented but he didn't seem offended by my comment.

"It is nice yes" He admit. "But you can't have everything even if you're the most powerful man." His eyes glance over the dark starless sky.

For a minute there I saw the sadness and lonliness in his face and it made me want to know what he's thinking. That sadness vanished just as fast as it came but I can still see it in his eyes.

"Power and money isn't that  what everyone want" Dominic surprised me with his answer.

"Of course it is" I look over at him. "Everybody wants to rule the world"

"I agree but there are simple people out there and all they want is to be love even if they have no home, no food, no money they live on happily because they have family and someone they love. They hold onto hope because if they have each other nothing can be as bad as it is now." He whispered. "Now I think that's the most powerful thing in the world."

He turn to me with a small sad smile as hard as he tries to keep his face cold and expressionless I can see the sadness that has been there for too long.

"Love is a powerful thing" I was short for words. "Love can be poisonous, love kills and don't try tell me that love doesn't kill. Family kills family everyday and I think anyone who is capable of hurting their own blood is capable of sacrificing everything for the name of love"

His eyes swept over me something flash over his eyes, his jaw tighten slightly and his eyebrows came together in confusion.

"Am I right Dominic?" I place my empty glass on the table next to me. "Your father is the best at it"

"Yeah he's a manupilative power hungry asshole I know and I agree with you one hundred percent" I heard the anger in his voice making me more curious about him.

"Where is your wonderful father?" I gave it a shot because maybe he can give me a hint to where he is hiding.

His perfect dark eyebrows came together as he look at me in suspicion.