Alicante jealousy shenanigans

Magnus took Alec’s hand gently, the younger boy was looking around them, his eyes taking in the city around them. “Do you remember much of Alicante?” he questioned. The shadowhunter shrugged,

“I was just a toddler when we left. But…I remember bits and pieces of it. And I remember I used to have all these old friends here.” Magnus frowned,

“So you were actually allowed to play with kids outside the Circle?” he asked. Alec nodded,

“Oh yeah, they couldn’t exactly isolate us. And I made it quite clear early on that I never wanted to play with Sebastian.” He shivered. The warlock wrapped his arm around his shoulders,

“Was he an evil kid?”

“I’m pretty sure he made me eat a worm at one point...” he murmured. Magnus bit his lip, feeling sorry for the poor kid. He’d never had to deal with bullies when he was younger. None at all – when he was a child, he had no idea other kids even existed until the silent brothers began raising him. They continued walking, Alec’s now free hand was finding its way into Magnus’ back pocket when he stopped, drawing his hand away, and he broke apart from Magnus with no explanation. Just vague mutterings.

The warlock watched as Alec slid effortlessly through the crowd, before coming to stand before one man. He was shorter than Alec with dark eyes framed with round glasses and slightly lighter hair which was on the longer side and slightly curled at the edges. Alec was energetically talking to him, and after one or two lines, the boy was laughing, pulling Alec into a tight hug. Magnus moved a little closer – he didn’t mean to be protective or paranoid – Christ, he was trying to show Alec the direct opposite, but…he needed to know what they were talking about.

Alec noticed him, and smiled, “Esau, this is Magnus Bane.” He introduced. The brunette boy smiled, itching his face a bit. Damn it he was adorable and had no sense of fashion – he’s just like Alec, Magnus thought to himself, smiling at the boy. “Wow, the warlock? Man, Alec, you’re friends with all the amazing people of our generation.” He complained, and Alec laughed nervously.

“Well I don’t know about that…” Magnus was about to add in that they had progressed and so much as entirely skipped out “friendship” status entirely and that he was Alec’s boyfriend, when he caught sight of his face. His eyes were wider than usual, and he was shaking his head, mouthing ‘no’ to him. “Well like, if I’m not intruding or some shit, do you wanna go ‘round looking at some shops or something?” he asked, ignoring Magnus almost entirely. Alec glanced quickly at Magnus and then back at Esau. “No, no, it’s fine.” He dismissed.

As they walked off, Magnus was fucking furious. Alec just walked off with another guy, leaving him on his own in Alicante. He’d liked to have said he had better things to do, but he didn’t. he’d just ended up going back to the house where he and the Lightwoods were boarding and sitting around in the bedroom. Alec came home much later. He looked guiltily at Magnus, “so um, how was your day?” He asked. Magnus looked up at him, mustering the sharpest glare he could. Alec looked unnerved – still got it, he thought idly to himself. “Oh, fantastic, sweetie. I solved that Rubik’s Cube we’ve been suffering over for the past few weeks.” He said, indicating to the puzzle sat on the counter. “How was your day with your new boyfriend?” he spat. Alec’s face had drained of colour. “He’s not…he’s just a friend.” He mumbled meekly. Magnus arched an eyebrow.

“A friend who is more important than me?” he asked. Alec rolled his shoulders,

“I see you every day…we live together…” he tried to excuse. Magnus looked away from him, disgusted. “Magnus, I’m sorry…I just… well…Esau lives in Alicante, and we never get to see him other than that.”

“Why don’t you just invite him over to New York sometime?” He spat. Alec shrugged,

“I can’t. He’s joining the Silent Brothers soon…so I um…I thought that maybe we should spend one day together, since we were so close as kids.” Magnus stared at him

“How close as kids?”

“So close…Jace admitted to me he asked me to be his parabatai so Esau wouldn’t get there first.” Magnus laughed, “And I thought you were dating him…” he muttered. “But you just wanted to have one more day with your friend.” Alec nodded,

“I guess so.”

“Come here.” Magnus said, patting the bed beside him. Alec obediently followed, sitting next to him. Magnus kissed his cheek tenderly, “you’re a wonderful person and I hope you can find it in your heart to forgive me being a jealous little bitch.” Alec smiled, kissing him tenderly on the lips. After a moment or two, he broke it off, “in case you didn’t realise,” he said, “that was my forgiveness.”